VINYL Albums Question

Howdy,

I've got a question concerning vinyl albums. I've always stuck with cds so I have no clue about the worth of vinyl. The reason I ask is because there is a record store down the road from where I live that unofficially claims to be the world's largest record store. They boast having over three million vinyl records in stock. Is there anywhere or anybody that has a list of what some rare vinyl albums are? I'm always looking to fatten my paypal account to buy more cds, but I really don't know what I'm looking for when it comes to buying and selling records. I saw a photo "Sharatan" posted of some vinyl albums. It looked like he had titles like Steel Child, Black Diamond, Xcel, Glacier, and others laid out. Again, I have no idea about these bands or vinyl records, so I wouldn't know what they would be worth if I was staring at them right in front of me. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I don't wanna go cruise the aisles down there unless I know what I'm looking for.

I would stick to looking for indie hard rock/metal lps, there is a big market for indie releases, most were only released in limited amounts and from my EBAY experience, most of mine have sold from $50.00 to 150.00 over the past year or so. Alot of the time the more unknown the band is, the better it sells. Most of the time I only pay $1.00 to $5.00 each, so I'm not out too much if it's not a seller.

I would stick to looking for indie hard rock/metal lps, there is a big market for indie releases, most were only released in limited amounts and from my EBAY experience, most of mine have sold from $50.00 to 150.00 over the past year or so. Alot of the time the more unknown the band is, the better it sells. Most of the time I only pay $1.00 to $5.00 each, so I'm not out too much if it's not a seller

here's a few I have been looking for over the years:

Defender "2 N Fro"

Destroyer "Optimun DSI"

Fly By Night "Zoo Road"

Jack of Diamonds "Dodge City"

Tantrum "Trenton City Murders"

Versylus

WW III "Intensive Care" 45

Pegasus "A Heartbeat Awat" 45

Pumphouse S/T

Mask "Heavy What"

Metalwolf

Able Kane "stelin the Show"

I would stick to looking for indie hard rock/metal lps, there is a big market for indie releases, most were only released in limited amounts and from my EBAY experience, most of mine have sold from $50.00 to 150.00 over the past year or so. Alot of the time the more unknown the band is, the better it sells. Most of the time I only pay $1.00 to $5.00 each, so I'm not out too much if it's not a seller

here's a few I have been looking for over the years:

Defender "2 N Fro"

Destroyer "Optimun DSI"

Fly By Night "Zoo Road"

Jack of Diamonds "Dodge City"

Tantrum "Trenton City Murders"

Versylus

WW III "Intensive Care" 45

Pegasus "A Heartbeat Awat" 45

Pumphouse S/T

Mask "Heavy What"

Metalwolf

Able Kane "stelin the Show"

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. At least that gives me something to go on when I head down there. Basically, if I've never heard of it, it might be worth something, lol.

I've been trying to get rid of my tiny collection for a while, just not sure how as I have no idea what they're worth. In other words, someone buy these from me!!!

Black N' Blue - In Heat (1988) signed by Patrick Young

Black N' Blue - Nasty Nasty (1986)

EZO - s/t (1987) w/ small price tag

Keel - The right to rock (1985)

Kick Axe - s/t (1984)

Malice - In the beginning... (1985)

Racer X - Street lethal (1986) w/ significant cover damage (torn from back of Waysted LP)

Ratt - s/t (1983/1984)

Roxanne - s/t (1988) w/ hole punch and some marks on front cover

Saraya - s/t (1989)

Stryper - To hell with the devil (1986)

Tobruk - Wild on the run (1985)

Treat - Dreamhunter (1988)

Treat - Scratch and bite (1985)

Vamp - The rich don't rock (1989) w/ price tag and hole punch

Waysted - s/t (1984) w/ significant damage on front and back cover, cardboard torn over track titles

I know it's been a few years, but GOLDMINE had a book out called PRICEGUIDE FOR HEAVY METAL.

Written by MARTIN (I LOVE GRUNGE & PUNK, BUT I'LL WRITE BOOKS ON HEAVY METAL) POPOFF.

Record stores won't give you shit for your titles. You can have a really rare album, but they act like they're doin' you a favor.

Try to get a rough estimate on what their worth and maybe buy a booth at a record convention.