Dave Mustaine Vs. Roadrunner Records

Fat Freddy

Seems that Dave Mustaine is a little annoyed with his current label (RoadRunner Records) over what he feels is their mis-handling of the new Megadeth album, ENDGAME (which debuted in the Billboard top 10 four weeks ago but is now somewhere around #105 and is dropping like a rock...) ... these are some rants he's posted about it on the Megadeth forum....

On the next single from the record:

if they can fuck it up, they will.

they already made us cut out my solo and Chris' second solo so the song will be short enough for radio.

i don't think if they had clout that i would have to do this.

On their current relationship with Roadrunner:

Droogies!

I don't know what to say.

How a record company could be presented with a Worldwide critically

acclaimed record, and that they can let it plummet down the charts in

just four weeks into the hundreds, is inexplicable.

I knew I shouldn't have done this. Why didn't I trust myself?

I regret a lot of things in my life, but this is the most regretable.

A very disgusted Megaman.

you have no idea how i feel, i can't put it into words or i imagine the FBI would be paying me a visit.

all i can do is not to give them another record, and sadly that means no more music for any of us due to the US label.

I can't believe that the owner of this label is this out of touch with his label in the states, and that doesn't even touch the tip of the iceberg.

the president of the record still has not called me to congradulate me on ENDGAME or our high chart debut.

but then again, this is the same person that came out last month to threaten my manager that if i don't resign with them, that they are going to stop selling ENDGAME.

well, it appears they have stopped selling it.

I am so sorry Droogies, I have made a terrible mistake signing with Roadrunner, and I am sorry.

i would suggest if you want the record, get it before the completely stop even manufacturing it.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE HEADS OF WARNER BROTHERS WHEN YOU NEED THEM???

On the lack of promotion for ENDGAME thus far:

Roadrunner is doing this around the world.

it is happening in Japan too. the dunce from the label put up Slipknot

posters in the booth at Loud Park and there were just a few ENDGAME

posters, and i actually had to tell my tour manager to go tell him to

try to be a label just for a week, until we leave, and then they can go

back to fucking us over every-whcih-way they can come up with.

I have nothing against Slipknot, but for Smurf's sake, how stupid does

someone have to be to go to a festival, where your act is one of the

top bands on the bill, and PROMOTE ANOTHER BAND THAT DOESN'T NEED MY

HELP!

I am disgusted, and never in my almost thrity years have i ever seen such incompitence.

Yikes! :unsure: This looks like a situation to watch!!

Seems that Dave Mustaine is a little annoyed with his current label (RoadRunner Records) over what he feels is their mis-handling of the new Megadeth album, ENDGAME (which debuted in the Billboard top 10 four weeks ago but is now somewhere around #105 and is dropping like a rock...) ... these are some rants he's posted about it on the Megadeth forum....

On the next single from the record:

if they can fuck it up, they will.

they already made us cut out my solo and Chris' second solo so the song will be short enough for radio.

i don't think if they had clout that i would have to do this.

On their current relationship with Roadrunner:

Droogies!

I don't know what to say.

How a record company could be presented with a Worldwide critically

acclaimed record, and that they can let it plummet down the charts in

just four weeks into the hundreds, is inexplicable.

I knew I shouldn't have done this. Why didn't I trust myself?

I regret a lot of things in my life, but this is the most regretable.

A very disgusted Megaman.

you have no idea how i feel, i can't put it into words or i imagine the FBI would be paying me a visit.

all i can do is not to give them another record, and sadly that means no more music for any of us due to the US label.

I can't believe that the owner of this label is this out of touch with his label in the states, and that doesn't even touch the tip of the iceberg.

the president of the record still has not called me to congradulate me on ENDGAME or our high chart debut.

but then again, this is the same person that came out last month to threaten my manager that if i don't resign with them, that they are going to stop selling ENDGAME.

well, it appears they have stopped selling it.

I am so sorry Droogies, I have made a terrible mistake signing with Roadrunner, and I am sorry.

i would suggest if you want the record, get it before the completely stop even manufacturing it.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE HEADS OF WARNER BROTHERS WHEN YOU NEED THEM???

On the lack of promotion for ENDGAME thus far:

Roadrunner is doing this around the world.

it is happening in Japan too. the dunce from the label put up Slipknot

posters in the booth at Loud Park and there were just a few ENDGAME

posters, and i actually had to tell my tour manager to go tell him to

try to be a label just for a week, until we leave, and then they can go

back to fucking us over every-whcih-way they can come up with.

I have nothing against Slipknot, but for Smurf's sake, how stupid does

someone have to be to go to a festival, where your act is one of the

top bands on the bill, and PROMOTE ANOTHER BAND THAT DOESN'T NEED MY

HELP!

I am disgusted, and never in my almost thrity years have i ever seen such incompitence.

Yikes! :unsure: This looks like a situation to watch!!

Dave has been going off on everyone lately.

I almost think he's back on drugs or something considering his rants about this and his fight with that Norwegian Journalist about the Metallica questions. I'm a big Dave/Deth fan but damn all of his constant bitching and wining lately is really getting on my nerves. But then again if the label is really doing these things what was the point in signing Megadeth.

Why is he comparing the promotion for SLIPKNOT with the promotion for "Endgame"? Regardless of the fact that us old-school fans prefer the 'Deth, if you're a record label interested in profits then of course you're going to promote the 10th anniversary of a huge-selling band rather than the latest album in the dwindling career of a old-school band. Mustaine needs to remember that he hasn't made a good album since 1992, so to suddenly release an above-average disc and expect the record labels to put his face on billboards/magazines everywhere is ridiculous. He is a fuckwit.

Why is he comparing the promotion for SLIPKNOT with the promotion for "Endgame"? Regardless of the fact that us old-school fans prefer the 'Deth, if you're a record label interested in profits then of course you're going to promote the 10th anniversary of a huge-selling band rather than the latest album in the dwindling career of a old-school band. Mustaine needs to remember that he hasn't made a good album since 1992, so to suddenly release an above-average disc and expect the record labels to put his face on billboards/magazines everywhere is ridiculous. He is a fuckwit.

As much as I like Endgame I don't think it's as good as United Abominations.

As much as I like Endgame I don't think it's as good as United Abominations.

I like "Endgame" too, but no-one has given this album more hype than Dave himself. Most reviews have been around the 8/10 mark - which is pretty fair IMO. The new SLAYER album batters "Endgame" into the dust.