SR-71 and Cinder Road

LV KIX

I'm sure not to many here are close enough to make this show... and I'm sure less even care about ths show... but on Thanksgiving eve SR-71 and Cinder Road will be playing in Baltimore. There is still one band to be added... rumor has it that the band will be Charm City Devils which makes sense since John Allen is in both bands as is Mike Rucco from Cinder Road. There weren't ever suppose to be any more SR-71 shows so I'm extra psyched for this one. Tix go on sale tomorrow morning (Friday). If by chance anyone from here is going...drop me a line.

My left nut. I'd give it to see this. So this is a one-off show for SR-71 with no strings attached at all? No possibility of any more recording at all?

• 1 month later...

Cinder Road (to me, anyway) sound very modern(ish) on their debut album, and I'm not a huge fan.

However, live they kick some SERIOUS ass. VERY 80's-like in their sound and approach. I was actually quite blown-away by them when they opened for Queensryche here in Portland, Oregon a few years ago. I wish they'd take that approach into the studio!

Cinder Road (to me, anyway) sound very modern(ish) on their debut album, and I'm not a huge fan.

However, live they kick some SERIOUS ass. VERY 80's-like in their sound and approach. I was actually quite blown-away by them when they opened for Queensryche here in Portland, Oregon a few years ago. I wish they'd take that approach into the studio!

I think you'll find that the new Cinder Road release may be more to your liking. They have always been a great live band and I know they want to capture that on the new release. I'm looking forward to this show tomorrow as SR-71 is also an unbelievable live band. Though it has been 2 years since they (SR-71) have played together I expect nothing but a top notch performance. This has to be one of the best double bills I've seen in a long time.

Hey Dave, will you catch up with Mitch after the show? If so, an update would be awesome. Am I guessing now that his solo album is all but fully canned? Will he ever record again?

And when is the new Cinder Road album due?

Hey Dave, will you catch up with Mitch after the show? If so, an update would be awesome. Am I guessing now that his solo album is all but fully canned? Will he ever record again?

And when is the new Cinder Road album due?

Well Geoff... I've got some pretty good news for you. Expect a new SR-71 release... king of. Mitch plans on releasing the SR-71 - "Here We Go Again" album with 4 unreleased songs and a couple of live songs also. I'll still never know why SR-71 wasn't huge... what a great show. There is no reason why they should have not been one of the biggest bands around. By far the best show I've seen this year.

As far as Cinder Road... looks like a late Spring release date for their new one. Over half of their set was new songs and they all were awesome. I'm guessing that the new Cinder Road release will be near the top on the heap as far as 2010 releases go. The new songs are right on par with the last release only a bit heavier. I hope they can capture their live energy when they record the new one.

Thanks Dave - awesome news about Cinder Road. I can't wait for that CD.

Holy shit about the SR-71 news!!! Any chance it'll lead to a new album at all? A little disappointed it's a re-release with bonus tracks as to be completely honest I'll probably just look for a download until I can find it really cheap. I forked out some pretty decent coin for the original JAP release of that CD so it'll be hard to lay down too much for 4 'new' songs... but either way, awesome news. Can't wait to hear those songs.

Anything at all on the solo album? Is it off the schedule?