Bonham Announce Tour Dates, Lineup Revealed

aXe mAn

BONHAM, the band led by drummer Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN, UFO, FOREIGNER) — son of the late LED ZEPPELIN drummer John Bonham — has scheduled the following dates:

Oct. 14 - Revolution Live - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Oct. 15 - House of Blues - Orlando, FL

Oct. 16 - State Theatre - St. Petersburg, FL

Oct. 29 - Coach House - San Juan Capistrano, CA

Oct. 30 - The Canyon - Agoura Hills, CA

BONHAM will perform selections from LED ZEPPELIN, UFO, FOREIGNER "and a whole lot more."

According to Classic Rock magazine, Bonham is doing these gigs by way of tribute to Daniel MacMaster, the Canadian fronmtman who sang on the two albums from BONHAM (1989's "The Disregard Of Timekeeping" and 1992's "Mad Hatter"). MacMaster died on March 16, 2008, from a Group A streptococcal infection. He was 39 years old.

Jason explains: "Tragically, Daniel passed away and I always regretted the fact that I didn't do more for him during his lifetime. Just like myself, Daniel struggled with his addictions so that's something I know all about.

"2009 is the 20th anniversary of 'The Disregard Of Timekeeping', so I called up Ian [Hatton, guitarist] and John [smithson, bass] and suggested we bring in Kelly Keeling [bATON ROUGE, MICHAEL SCHENKER] on vocals to pay tribute to what was a great period in all our lives. Whether anything new will come out of it, I don't know. It's all about having fun."

Courtesy of www.blabbermouth.net

I saw this on Blabbermouth yesterday and it's great he's touring and all since he stupidly left Foreigner for a Zeppelin reunion that never happened. But I will say that as much as I think that Kelly Keeling is a very good vocalist he doesn't fit into the Robert Plant like vocals that are required to pull off the Bonham and Zeppelin material that they're performing. Then again maybe he'll suprise me.

I saw this on Blabbermouth yesterday and it's great he's touring and all since he stupidly left Foreigner for a Zeppelin reunion that never happened. But I will say that as much as I think that Kelly Keeling is a very good vocalist he doesn't fit into the Robert Plant like vocals that are required to pull off the Bonham and Zeppelin material that they're performing. Then again maybe he'll suprise me.

I would go see Bonham live without a doubt,but i have to agree wiyh Kelly Keeling not being matched to the Plant material but you never know.