Entwine - Painstained

zacharyamelie

I know, not many on here are into Goth Metal from Finland. They have always been lumped with HIM, Sentenced and Charon. But unlike the others they have progressed.

The latest release Painstained blends alot more modern rock and Metal tons than the Keyboard filled Euro stuff of the past. The first track ''Soul Sacrifice'' sounds like it could belong on a Dream Theather release, fucking fabulous. The entire cd is fantastic, the biggest highlights are the opener, ''Beautifully Confined'' and ''Caught By Desire''. But every track is a highlight. A great move to sound more North American and not so northernly suicidal like their fellow Finnish bands Sentenced and HIM. (I loved Sentenced but the lyrics were freakin' lame.)

Entwine

Scroll to the right and choose the song ''Caught By Desire'' the entire song is there. The chorus is splendid.

I know, not many on here are into Goth Metal from Finland. They have always been lumped with HIM, Sentenced and Charon. But unlike the others they have progressed.

The latest release Painstained blends alot more modern rock and Metal tons than the Keyboard filled Euro stuff of the past. The first track ''Soul Sacrifice'' sounds like it could belong on a Dream Theather release, fucking fabulous. The entire cd is fantastic, the biggest highlights are the opener, ''Beautifully Confined'' and ''Caught By Desire''. But every track is a highlight. A great move to sound more North American and not so northernly suicidal like their fellow Finnish bands Sentenced and HIM. (I loved Sentenced but the lyrics were freakin' lame.)

Entwine

Scroll to the right and choose the song ''Caught By Desire'' the entire song is there. The chorus is splendid.

I can't get their MySpace page to load properly..it's all messed up.