Need help from Canadian forum members..

Hey guys , I was hoping maybe Tony (koogles) or a few of our other Canuck friends from the north could help me with something.

It appears there is going to be a massive 80s Rock festival in North Dakota in July 2010 near the Canadian border. I am booking some bands for the fest and noticed that the closest Canadian city is Winnipeg.

What I'd like to know is what 80s Rock / Metal / AOR bands are from Winnipeg?? Can be big or small.

Thanks for any help.

Sam

Hey Sam:

The obvious local Winnipeg bands (and I believe all 3 are still within the city limits) are Harlequin, Chris Burke Gaffney and Orphan/The Pumps/Deadbeat Honeymooners and Kenny Shields/Streetheart.

Quota, Lenita Erickson, and White Heat had Winnipeg ties at one time but haven't been heard locally for years.

Robin Black of the Intergalactic Rock Stars was born here (at least within an hour of the city) and played with the Ballroom Zombies here locally for years. He's been in town recently fighting in several local mixed martial arts shows but I think he's still based out of Toronto.

I'll give the old brain the once over and see if I can shake out a few more names.

What's the name of the rock fest in North Dakota? Any rumours as to who might be playing there next July? Winnipeg is but an hour away from the North Dakota border so this one is practically playing in my backyard and I missed Danger Danger at Rocklahoma this summer. Nudge Nudge. Wink. Wink.

And if you read this; what are the chances of Retrospect doing a legit release of Blackfish's second album.

Take care.

Hey Sam:

The obvious local Winnipeg bands (and I believe all 3 are still within the city limits) are Harlequin, Chris Burke Gaffney and Orphan/The Pumps/Deadbeat Honeymooners and Kenny Shields/Streetheart.

Quota, Lenita Erickson, and White Heat had Winnipeg ties at one time but haven't been heard locally for years.

Robin Black of the Intergalactic Rock Stars was born here (at least within an hour of the city) and played with the Ballroom Zombies here locally for years. He's been in town recently fighting in several local mixed martial arts shows but I think he's still based out of Toronto.

I'll give the old brain the once over and see if I can shake out a few more names.

What's the name of the rock fest in North Dakota? Any rumours as to who might be playing there next July? Winnipeg is but an hour away from the North Dakota border so this one is practically playing in my backyard and I missed Danger Danger at Rocklahoma this summer. Nudge Nudge. Wink. Wink.

And if you read this; what are the chances of Retrospect doing a legit release of Blackfish's second album.

Take care.

Streetheart and Harlequin would be cool. Thunder Mountain Rock Fest is July 2010. It's gonna be a killer fest I think. Just lookin for more Canadian acts.

Blackfish would be great but I don't have contact info for them.

Thanks for your assistance!