Fantasy Hockey for HH - 2009

hsf

OK, so I'm sure it surprises no one that for the last 2-3 weeks, I've been scouring the Yahoo! fantasy site waiting for the registration to begin for the 2009-2010 season.

I'm not sure, but from what I've read, registration will begin next week. So, I thought I'd gauge the prospects of another league here at HH. Last year, we had 6 teams, small by Yahoo! standards, but the best we've done in quite some time.

I'm guessing there will be attrition of at least one team, but hopefully not. Also, I'd like to think Chris' schedule is to the point where he might have time to join. (I know we had some great hockey talks last year and it'd be great if he joined.) Some of our old hockey "vets" have been MIA for some time now, whether from fantasy hockey or the board in general.

So, I'm putting it out there for all of my HH brethren (and sistren as well, should they be interested) and anyone else lurking about the boards; if you're interested in this music thing we do around here and also hockey, join our boards and then join the fantasy hockey league. The few of us that do it each year seem to have a bunch of fun!

If you're interested in throwing your hat in the proverbial hockey ring, please, leave a note here. Thanks and hope to see you around this upcoming hockey season! :drink:

I of course am in. I spoke with my buddy Mike and he is also in again. He just signed up for Direct TV and it sounds like we are going to be splitting money to get the NHL Center Ice package. Bring on hockey!!

I only ask that this year we look at going with head to head instead of rotisserie.

I of course am in. I spoke with my buddy Mike and he is also in again. He just signed up for Direct TV and it sounds like we are going to be splitting money to get the NHL Center Ice package. Bring on hockey!!

I only ask that this year we look at going with head to head instead of rotisserie.

Welcome back Champ!

If everyone else in the league wants/doesn't mind H2H scoring, it's absolutely fine with me.

That's awesome, about the Center Ice thing; congrats! It's well worth the money; I've done it for 3 or 4 years and now that I can see some Pens games, it's even better!

Not looking too good so far Rick. I'm always for joining 4 leagues, but I'm not going to waste a spot on a super short league again. (If we were even to get enough teams to be able to make a league.)

Let's go folks. A good amount of people like hockey; it's a bit of work, but a lot of fun!

*bump for folks to see*

(I'm not gonna wait TOO long before I join leagues. I'm already in two and I'm chomping at the bit to add my other two. Let's go fellow HH hockey lovers; join with Rick and I to have some hockey-related fun again this year! I mean, come on; we've managed to get together a league every year since the lockout. Don't break that streak now!)

Rick, this is pretty fucked up. Even the year we had only 4 teams, we at least got four teams here. We only have 3 and one is your friend.

If no one joins soon, do you guys want to join a league together? Or do you want to open up our league to Yahoo! members, but specify music fans or something? (There was a league with a live draft and the title of it was "Metal League" or something like that. I suppose that'd be fairly close. I'm just saddened that after 4 years, we can't even scrounge a league. I'll double check a couple folks individually, but I'm majorly bumming here.)

Rick, this is pretty fucked up. Even the year we had only 4 teams, we at least got four teams here. We only have 3 and one is your friend.

If no one joins soon, do you guys want to join a league together? Or do you want to open up our league to Yahoo! members, but specify music fans or something? (There was a league with a live draft and the title of it was "Metal League" or something like that. I suppose that'd be fairly close. I'm just saddened that after 4 years, we can't even scrounge a league. I'll double check a couple folks individually, but I'm majorly bumming here.)

Very odd indeed...but if no one else wants to join that's fine, I will just not do fantasy hockey this season and hope that next year there will be renewed interest. Thanks for the offer though Jay. :drink:

Very odd indeed...but if no one else wants to join that's fine, I will just not do fantasy hockey this season and hope that next year there will be renewed interest. Thanks for the offer though Jay. :drink:

Good news Rick. I talked to Denny and he's going to play. So, we have at least the four to get the league going. (Hopefully we can get two more and be eligible for trophies. Or, heaven forbid, a whole bunch and get a real league going!)

OK Rick, it's done! (Tell your buddy Mike because it let me auto-invite everyone from last year except him. Oh, and tell him THANKS for joining again!)

I changed it to head-to-head this year Rick. Should be fun!

I loaded up on stats, just because I go hog wild. I also made HUGE rosters. (I figure with so few teams, we might as well get as many big name players as possible. Have fun/keep us watching more. You guys should enjoy that even more with the Center Ice!) I set the trade deadline a week after the Olympics, just so someone didn't get pinched with a last minute injury there. Any suggestions (over rulings by most of the league.... all 3 of you, as of now. Haha) on changes are fine. I'm not a stickler for that stuff.

Draft date is just a suggested date; need to enter one. Anyone has any problems/needs, let me know. I just know weeknights are good for me, later at night.

So, here's the info.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hock...e_league_select

ID #: 136695

PW: heavydrinkin

Anyone else joining in? Chris? Where you at brother? I know you're busy, but we'd love to have you along this season. Dave, give it another shot? Jason? Jump back in? Anyone know where Zot's at? ANYONE else?

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK, RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK, I got another person!

haha

I talked to my brother and he said he'd join us again this year. So, now we're up to 5 people. (Mike's still jumping in, right?) Denny and I talked last night and he's psyched to do this thing again this year. Obviously, I am too. I hope you and Mike are as well. (My brother is sort of "Eh" right now, but I think once we get in, especially if he gets a decent-good team, he'll be happy.) If we could get Chris to join up, that'd be great. Or if Dave will sign back up. We can even talk about tweaking things a bit, if it'll help others.

I know it was fairly competitive last season, especially you and I at the top. Even if we only get 6, it'd still be great to keep most everyone in it, competitively, all season long. (Plus, I know if it was ME, I'd be pissed if I couldn't defend my crown..... not that I've had to worry about that for awhile here at HH. :rofl2: Haha! )

Hello, Rick? Your buddy? Playing this year? (Invites were sent from Yahoo 5 days ago.)

Chris? See this? Joining?

Dave? I can try to help this year, if you can make it. If it's OK with everyone. Just want a fun, competitive league.

Seriously, we have 3 guys, 2 very committed, one that will at least follow through. We can't dig up 3 more people? WTF?

Come on guys; I need an excuse for more Coors Light and watching hockey. (Yeah, right... like I need an excuse for either of those things.)

Hello, Rick? Your buddy? Playing this year? (Invites were sent from Yahoo 5 days ago.)

Chris? See this? Joining?

Dave? I can try to help this year, if you can make it. If it's OK with everyone. Just want a fun, competitive league.

Seriously, we have 3 guys, 2 very committed, one that will at least follow through. We can't dig up 3 more people? WTF?

Come on guys; I need an excuse for more Coors Light and watching hockey. (Yeah, right... like I need an excuse for either of those things.)

No, I'm out for this year. I was hoping more HH'ers would be up for it. Maybe next year there will be more interest. Thanks for the invite though!

OOOOOOOOkay, I'm done.

League's canceled. This is more than pathetic.

Fantasy sports are supposed to be fun, not this much damn work. I shouldn't have to beg people to join or rationalize why they should, regardless of situations. I'm not into being, nor should I need to be, commishiführer either. Just too damn much trouble.

So, everyone enjoy. I just give up.