CD Baby - Extremely increased shipping cost

Swazi

Warning !!

I want to make you guys aware of the new shipping rates that CD Baby has introduced recently (in case you missed my other CD Baby thread). Obviously I am personally more concerned about the international cost, but apparently the national ones have been dramatically increased as well.

As there has been no information at all to this increase (and their sucky new design), be cautious and think twice before you place an order !

This is what the international cost look like right now:

CDs ..... International Regular Air Mail

1 ....... $6.84

2 ....... $9.56

3 ....... $11.41

4 ....... $13.20

5 ....... $16.47

6 ....... $18.30

7 ....... $21.70

8 ....... $23.65

9 ....... $25.84

10 ..... $27.10

It seems they don't ship with "No Plastic" anymore.

So far they have not reacted to any of my complaints. In any case if the cost stay like this I will not buy from CD Baby anymore and they have lost me as a regular and loyal customer. I feel sorry for the artists, but that's how it is....

Maybe it will help if the complaints come from all over the world ??

Warning !!

I want to make you guys aware of the new shipping rates that CD Baby has introduced recently (in case you missed my other CD Baby thread). Obviously I am personally more concerned about the international cost, but apparently the national ones have been dramatically increased as well.

As there has been no information at all to this increase (and their sucky new design), be cautious and think twice before you place an order !

This is what the international cost look like right now:

CDs ..... International Regular Air Mail

1 ....... $6.84

2 ....... $9.56

3 ....... $11.41

4 ....... $13.20

5 ....... $16.47

6 ....... $18.30

7 ....... $21.70

8 ....... $23.65

9 ....... $25.84

10 ..... $27.10

It seems they don't ship with "No Plastic" anymore.

So far they have not reacted to any of my complaints. In any case if the cost stay like this I will not buy from CD Baby anymore and they have lost me as a regular and loyal customer. I feel sorry for the artists, but that's how it is....

Maybe it will help if the complaints come from all over the world ??

yep, theyve lost me!

I know the shipping seems like alot, bit I could never ship a cd overseas with the jewel case for only 6.84$. The cost through Canada Post is 8.20$, (a freakin' rip off, the cost was 5.20$ back 2003) this does not include the cost of the envelope. 10 cd's with jewel cases would cost me roughly 40$, so 27$ doesn't strike me as too much. Although to ship a cd to the States costs me 4.40$ and when I receive something from the States it costs them about 2.20$ or something, a hell of alot cheaper shipping from the US to Canada than the opposite.

The high cost of shipping is the reason most of the buyers I have from overseas use the "without the jewel case" option. I can ship up to 6 discs without the cases for the price of one with the case.

We're talking about US costs. Yeah I've got just a tape or 1 cd for C$7.90 (not 8.20) but these are Canadian dollars... The cd baby increased dramatically the costs like they ship through ebay. You know $7 for the first + $3 for each additional!! I've got 25 CDS (23 normals without cases & 2 digipacks!) in that flat-rate international airmail envelope when the price was $11.95 (now it's $12.95) so $27 is a clear thief... The other thief is selling cheap made "official" cd-rs for $15... :christmas:

The prices are pretty much what you will end up paying to the postal office. Go to www.usps.com and use their international calculator to see exactly what it will cost. One CD with jewel case weights approx 4 oz

The only way to save on shipping these days is to ship w/o jewels in flat-rate priority envelope (although to Greece I've got some priority envelopes reported lost already, and I'd personally advise via flat-rate Express Mail which is $15 more).