Can anyone name this song for me?

Geoff

Yeah, but seriously, I was watching the current (well, on Aussie TV anyway) series of 'So you think you can dance' and there was this song they played and I can't find it anywhere on the net after typing in the lyrics. It was a splendid modern pop rock tune... balladic, with the lyrics:

Will you be there, when I come back home

When I get back home

Will you be there

'Cause my biggest fear is that you won't be waiting

I'll be waiting for you

Can anyone help a brother out?

• 2023 Gold Donors

Hey Geoff......

Ya might be able to find the name of the song here...

http://www.fox.com/dance/recaps/season5/

I don't know very much about this show, nor the episode the song is from. Check the episodes and/or the Song/Performance tab......hopefully it helps, or at the least point ya to the song title.

:drink:

Hey Geoff......

I don't know very much about this show, nor the episode the song is from. Check the episodes and/or the Song/Performance tab......hopefully it helps, or at the least point ya to the song title.

Thanks mate... sadly it's not there. It was episode 5 so I checked all the lyrics on all the songs listed there but it's not any of them. :( I wonder what this f*cking song is! Thanks for the help anyway. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
Hey Geoff......

Thanks mate... sadly it's not there. It was episode 5 so I checked all the lyrics on all the songs listed there but it's not any of them. :( I wonder what this f*cking song is! Thanks for the help anyway. :)

Hey mate! Try contacting them at the website! Tell 'em ya want to know the name of that song, or you'll boycott the show! Ya never know, it might work! :lol::drink:

Hey Geoff......

Hey mate! Try contacting them at the website! Tell 'em ya want to know the name of that song, or you'll boycott the show! Ya never know, it might work! :lol::drink:

Thanks mate... sounds like I'd be a fool not to try!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, tried that mate. Usually it's safe as houses to check that site or a similar lyric site, but no luck this time.

I did find some other poor lass looking for it too though: :lol:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...04051453AATdKDy

I got a rough MP3 sample of this song sent to me by someone who recorded part of SYTYCD...I think the lyrics put down by Geoff are quite accurate but it's proving impossible to find out who did this song. I'd love to find out who it is as it's a top sounding tune.

My wife owns a dance studio and watches that show religiously. I'll check with her and see if she has any idea. Geoff, who was doing the dance and what style? Any clues may help.

That's the killer, mate. It was just a background song over a collage of the top 50 or so dancers going through their final performances before the top 20. It wasn't an actual routine that someone did to this song alone. Good luck, and thanks for trying. ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors
My wife owns a dance studio and watches that show religiously. I'll check with her and see if she has any idea. Geoff, who was doing the dance and what style? Any clues may help.

That's the killer, mate. It was just a background song over a collage of the top 50 or so dancers going through their final performances before the top 20. It wasn't an actual routine that someone did to this song alone. Good luck, and thanks for trying. ;)

Yes?......no.....to the title of the mystery song? :tumbsup::drink: Geoff's been waitin' for more than a fortnight......:P

• 6 months later...

Mystery solved, the song is actually from a production company called 'KPM Music' and the song is called 'Will You Be There'. Check out the whole discussion on this song here

Great song!!! It could be huge if a band was to release it.

Geoff - PM sent.

Mystery solved, the song is actually from a production company called 'KPM Music' and the song is called 'Will You Be There'. Check out the whole discussion on this song here

Great song!!! It could be huge if a band was to release it.

Geoff - PM sent.

Awesome! Thanks mate. Ignore my PM, understood now. :lol:

Can't wait to get it in my ears properly. Most appreciated.

Mate, loving it. Fresh on my Ipod and it's already been spun plenty of times. Great tune... even a little more "rocky" than I thought with some unexpected guitars come the chorus. I don't really understand the whole production company thing, but man the name of one of the song writers, Aaron Wheeler, sounds familiar.

Just trying to figure it out, but do production companies write/create songs and then onsell them to artists if artists are interested? Or do they just create songs for TV shows? What is a production company? :lol:

Either way, I agree. Get a band like Onerepublic or someone to record this and you have a mega-hit on your hands. Even with those few seconds it got on 'So You Think You Can Dance' it created quite a bit of buzz on the internet.

Wow what a nice little ditty. Should be HUGE!!!!