Melancholy AOR?

DaHun72

I have no idea if there is such a thing but I love some really sad AOR albums like the following:

Damian Wilson - Disciple (and Cosmos)

Zakk Wylde - Between Heaven & Hell

Kurt Nilsen - All 3 albums (not the country album).

Joshua Kadison - Both albums (ok, have some cheery stuff)

Mark Spiro - Care of My Soul

If anyone that has some recommendations of CDs with the same vibe as those above I would love to hear about them. Cheers.

Sorry mate, hate these kind of CDs but have you checked out Silver's CDs? They're generally pretty good, I have to admit. I think there's about 4 now.

Also, a lot of the current Finnish bands have this type of sound, as well as *cringe* HIM, to a degree.

I have no idea if there is such a thing but I love some really sad AOR albums like the following:

Damian Wilson - Disciple (and Cosmos)

Zakk Wylde - Between Heaven & Hell

Kurt Nilsen - All 3 albums (not the country album).

Joshua Kadison - Both albums (ok, have some cheery stuff)

Mark Spiro - Care of My Soul

If anyone that has some recommendations of CDs with the same vibe as those above I would love to hear about them. Cheers.

i struggle to listen to that mark spiro cd but josh kadisons stuff isn't as bad :)

That Mark Spiro disc is a strange beast. Sometimes I quite like some of it, but other times I hate it with a passion - Nothing like his brilliant 'Now Is Then..' or 'Devotion' discs.

The Joshua Kadison albums are quite nice relaxed stuff and I do play them on occassions, as well as the Damian Wilson 'Cosmos' album which is nice, although I do prefer him On The more proggy stuff he has done like Threshold and Landmarq

I hate that Spiro disc too. Really hate it. Funnily enough, I have found it about 4 or 5 times in various pawn brokers through the years. Always pick it up as it's got me a few $$$ on ebay. Not so much last time if I recall correctly, but I think I got about us$40 a couple of times for it. Poor bastard who bought it. :(