Quarterflash - Harden My Heart (Live) Rare

Faron

Great band and especially their first 2 CD's ( 'S/T' and 'Take Anotther Picture') are both excellent aswell.

A big thank you to Rockposer and Jez for being the only persons EVER (that I can remember) to reply to one of my video threads :bowdown:

A big thank you to Rockposer and Jez for being the only persons EVER (that I can remember) to reply to one of my video threads :bowdown:

Your welcome. I did it out of Pity! :D

Your welcome. I did it out of Pity! :D

You wouldn`t be the first then or last :nyanya:

Wow! There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I used to see this band/song (as well as their other minor hit, "Find Another Fool") a lot on MTV back in its early days. Oddly enough, my Mom heard this track a few times and liked it enough that she actually went out and bought their album (on vinyl!). You GO Mom! :beerbang:

Wow! There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I used to see this band/song (as well as their other minor hit, "Find Another Fool") a lot on MTV back in its early days. Oddly enough, my Mom heard this track a few times and liked it enough that she actually went out and bought their album (on vinyl!). You GO Mom! :beerbang:

Your 'Mum' heh ;)

Too 'Metal' for you then mate? :headbanger:

Your 'Mum' heh ;)

Haha, I had nuthin' against'em I guess... I just remember thinking it was odd cuz usually, whenever my brother and I would watch MTV in them days she'd leave the room like "How can you watch this crap?" but one day that Quarterflash song came on and she stuck her head back into the room, like "Waaaaait a minute, I like this. What band is this?" :lol:

Your 'Mum' heh ;)

Haha, I had nuthin' against'em I guess... I just remember thinking it was odd cuz whenever my brother and I would watch MTV in them days she'd leave the room like "How can you watch this crap?" but one day that Quarterflash song came on and she stuck her head back into the room, like "Wait a minute, I like this. What band is this?" :lol:

Yeah, they are very Light and I wouldn't expect you to really like 'em. I always describe their sound as a cross between Fleetwood Mac and Pat Benatar. I really like the first 2 albums though. 'Girl In The Wind isn't half bad either, if you like it pink 'n' fluffy. :drink:

Yeah, they are very Light and I wouldn't expect you to really like 'em. I always describe their sound as a cross between Fleetwood Mac and Pat Benatar. I really like the first 2 albums though. 'Girl In The Wind isn't half bad either, if you like it pink 'n' fluffy. :drink:

Me likee Pat Benatar. I've had a crush on her since I was 11. ;) If my wife ever left me I would probably devote myself to stalking Pat Benatar full time. :lol:

But seriously, in them early MTV days I was but a young lad and my metal-ness wasn't fully formed yet, so I liked pretty much everything I heard back then (with the possible exception of "Fish Heads" by Barnes & Barnes...hahaha)... I'm sure I probably taped that Quarterflash song off the radio at some point... :beerbang:... it wasn't till I'd been checking out all sorts of music for a while that I zeroed in on my genre(s) of choice...

Me likee Pat Benatar. I've had a crush on her since I was 11. ;) If my wife ever left me I would probably devote myself to stalking Pat Benatar full time. :lol:

But seriously, in them early MTV days I was but a young lad and my metal-ness wasn't fully formed yet, so I liked pretty much everything I heard back then (with the possible exception of "Fish Heads" by Barnes & Barnes...hahaha)... I'm sure I probably taped that Quarterflash song off the radio at some point... :beerbang:... it wasn't till I'd been checking out all sorts of music for a while that I zeroed in on my genre(s) of choice...

Backed.. even though I was really into metal, MTV was a Great thing in the early dayz..

So a lot of the Non-Metal bands I like ( Sade, Jodie Whatley, The Bangles, The Police etc)

I like directly because OF MTV...too band it (MTV) went into the shitter...

Backed.. even though I was really into metal, MTV was a Great thing in the early dayz..

So a lot of the Non-Metal bands I like ( Sade, Jodie Whatley, The Bangles, The Police etc)

I vividly remember the "mix tapes" my brother and I would make while watching MTV with our cheap sh*t K-Mart cassette recorder at the ready... when a song we liked came on, we'd hold it up against the TV speaker and record the song... talk about low-tech!! :rofl:

Those tapes would end up as a big mish-mash of anything from Judas Priest to Loverboy to Quarterflash to Devo to Cheap Trick to Duran Duran ... it made for a very eclectic listening experience when we played'em back. :beerbang:

I vividly remember the "mix tapes" my brother and I would make while watching MTV with our cheap sh*t K-Mart cassette recorder at the ready... when a song we liked came on, we'd hold it up against the TV speaker and record the song... talk about low-tech!! :rofl:

Those tapes would end up as a big mish-mash of anything from Judas Priest to Loverboy to Quarterflash to Devo to Cheap Trick to Duran Duran ... it made for a very eclectic listening experience when we played'em back. :beerbang:

Hahaha I did the same thing to, but I figured out how to connect my

tape player via the antenna to the back of the TV via some tape and aluminum foil and I

could get a pretty good recording unless it was storming.....I would always record the "Friday Night Concert they would show..and make these strange mix up tapes like you guys did... :rofl2:

tape player via the antenna to the back of the TV via some tape and aluminum foil and I

could get a pretty good recording unless it was storming.....I would always record the "Friday Night Concert they would show..and make these strange mix up tapes like you guys did... :rofl2:

Wish I had known how to do that!! I remember one time my bro and I were waiting and hoping patiently for a certain song to come on so we could tape it (I forget what song it was now) and when the video finally played we were like "YES!" and started recording... then our Mom came into the room and started talking to us... we were like "SHH! SHHH!" and she of course hollered, "DON'T YOU SHH ME!" and ruined our recording... it took us forever to finally catch that song (whatever it was) on tape again without our Mom's "voice over" :rofl:

Wish I had known how to do that!! I remember one time my bro and I were waiting and hoping patiently for a certain song to come on so we could tape it (I forget what song it was now) and when the video finally played we were like "YES!" and started recording... then our Mom came into the room and started talking to us... we were like "SHH! SHHH!" and she of course hollered, "DON'T YOU SHH ME!" and ruined our recording... it took us forever to finally catch that song (whatever it was) on tape again without our Mom's "voice over" :rofl:

Hahaa...well MTV was simulcast on radio too, but I think you had to have some special

adaptor or something...I somehow inadvertently found out that when I have my big boom box by/near

the TV I could pick up the show stereo sound... so I started taping stuff.. :rofl2:

Hahaa...well MTV was simulcast on radio too, but I think you had to have some special

adaptor or something...I somehow inadvertently found out that when I have my big boom box by/near

the TV I could pick up the show stereo sound... so I started taping stuff.. :rofl2:

Yea, I remember in those early days MTV used to sell some kinda two-piece gizmo that you hooked up to your TV antenna and then your radio antenna so you'd be able to pick up their broadcast signal thru your radio (for that "Stereo Sound" experience)... never sprung for one tho. Sounds like that's what you're talkin' about... or maybe you were just more tech-savvy than me back then :)