Ace Frehley - ANOMALY

Fat Freddy

Got the album today and it's great stuff and has the vibe of Ace's 78' solo album.

If you love that album or just 70's Kiss then pick this up.

This does have some of the most original packaging I've ever seen but due to that could cause some problems if it gets damaged since it's not a jewel case.

My fav songs so far are "Foxy and Free", "Outerspace", "Pain in the Neck"(great solo), "Fox on the Run"(yes the Sweet cover), "Too Many Faces", "Change the World" and "Sister"(yes this is the same song that's been around in the Freheley's Comet archives for years). There's also 3 real good instrumentals in "Fractured Quantum"(the fourth installment in this series), "Space Bear" and "Ghengis Kahn"(which has a few vocal lines but is mostly just instrumental). There's also a couple of more laid back tunes in "A Little Below the Angels"(which has the same child like backing vocals that the Comet song "Dolls" had and this song also has some vocals from Ace's daughter Monique who if you remember sang backing vocals on "Dolls" when she was a kid) and "It's a Great Life". All in all a good disc and well worth the wait to hear a full disc of new Ace material with him playing great and singing lead on all of the songs and sounding great vocally as well.

• 7 months later...

Finally got this this morning, and quite frankly its head and shoulders above the mediocre Sonic Boom.

Its an Ace Frehley album, pure and simple. No frills.

Its not as good as my fave Ace album, Trouble Walkin, but it could very well be my second fave, even after only one spin as the hooks are aplenty.

Finally got this this morning, and quite frankly its head and shoulders above the mediocre Sonic Boom.

Its an Ace Frehley album, pure and simple. No frills.

Its not as good as my fave Ace album, Trouble Walkin, but it could very well be my second fave, even after only one spin as the hooks are aplenty.

I can't decide which one I like more between this and the Kiss but will agree that this is a good disc.

As far as my fav Ace disc it would have to be the 78 solo album with the first Comet album 2nd then Trouble Walkin' and Second Sighting, but I love them all.

• 7 years later...