Loud & Clear - 'Festival of Fire'

Geoff

Not sure what the story with this one is - I think it was available at Firefest, but for anyone who has picked up their two albums and been saddened by how amazing the songs on the debut are but also how weak the production is... this one might be for you.

The tracks are:

1. make it loud

2. candle in the window

3. disc-connected

4. ghosts of summer

5. baby wants to rock

6. time to let go

7. waiting for the roar

8. tell me why

9. you take me higher

10. doesn't anybody fall in love

11. i wanna rock with you

12. love waits

13. broken things(bonus track)

So we have a nice mix of the debut and the 2nd album. Sadly, the selection from the debut could have been a little better (no 'Goodbye eyes'!!!! :( ) but what we do have here is a much better production job for the songs off the debut. Apparently this is a live album but there is absolutely NO crowd noise or anything and the recordings sound so freakin' true to the originals it's amazing. I don't know if it was tweaked in the studio or not (and I really don't care) but the band just sound amazing. Jess Harnell's voice is as good as it was the day I first saw him on that 'Hard N' Heavy' video.

Anyway, at least 'Ghosts of summer', 'Love waits' and 'Make it loud' are on here. Oh, and 'Time to let go' (as always) sounds amazing.

This and Danger Danger's 'Live and nude' are the best live discs I've heard.

where the hell did you find this? and where can i get it?

I admittedly downloaded it, but a browse of the internet this morning pulled up absolutely no trace at all of it. As far as I can see it doesn't exist. So I don't know if it's someone's own recording of the gig or what... but the quality is good.

where the hell did you find this? and where can i get it?

I admittedly downloaded it, but a browse of the internet this morning pulled up absolutely no trace at all of it. As far as I can see it doesn't exist. So I don't know if it's someone's own recording of the gig or what... but the quality is good.

send me link now!

i said now

have you sent it yet?

BITCH!

I believe there were only 100 cdrs pressed up & now it's all sold out. But if you contact the band through thier myspace site they may have some more about. The new track is a preety cool acousticy melow ballad.

Whoops, forgot to comment on the new track! Yeah, it's pretty decent. I admit I was a little disappointed to hear an acoustic ballad and it could almost pass as a Jess Harnell solo track, but it's a nice enough song. Would have loved to hear an outright gem. :)

Ok what is this?

I just listened to the first track "Make it loud"... its not live, and it sounds like the one off the first album... then i put on track 3 "Disc-connected" which is definately a studio recording... but its a new recording?!

The Firefest CD is simply a "best of" There will be a new L&C release soon, their Firefest gig was recorded for a live release on both CD & DVD formats, it's gonna rock! Then hopefully the band will consider putting ut a new studio album.

I managed to ask chuck if there are any unreleased tracks & the answer is no, no demos, no outakes, no unfinished tracks, nothing. The odd thing is a few years ago I saw a few L&C's demo tapes being sold on ebay & I'm certain there are a couple of tracks there that were not listed on the CDs... Now I wish I bought those.

Did you check out Straitjacket linked on their myspace site feat L&C's drummer..... awesome hard rock!!

There will be a new L&C release soon

Best news of the year.

I thought you stated the new D2 cd is the best news of the year :)

Apparently it's almost done :)

The D2 news was the best news of 2008 for 2008 until the CD was pushed back to 2009.

The Loud & Clear is the best news of 2008 for the year ahead in 2009. Although, it's now in 2nd place because D2 got pushed back. So it's right up there is the point. ;)

As for you, Matt, who knows what's up with the CD. Still, wouldn't you say the production job is better on the tracks off the debut? I certainly reckon it is. Fight me to find out.

Best news of the year.

The D2 news was the best news of 2008 for 2008 until the CD was pushed back to 2009.

The Loud & Clear is the best news of 2008 for the year ahead in 2009. Although, it's now in 2nd place because D2 got pushed back. So it's right up there is the point. ;)

As for you, Matt, who knows what's up with the CD. Still, wouldn't you say the production job is better on the tracks off the debut? I certainly reckon it is. Fight me to find out.

Ill listen tomorrow... some of the tracks sounded a bit different..

Best news of the year.

Maybe it was just a re-recorded best of in the studio or something? The production on the old and new songs is the same.

Best news of the year.

The band did say the songs have been remastered & remixed & I'm guessing only some songs got a new mix.

Best news of the year.

The band did say the songs have been remastered & remixed & I'm guessing only some songs got a new mix.

Did you get one of these discs are Firefest Andre?

Ive stil not had a reply from their myspace..

Best news of the year.

Yes. They sure went fast.

Best news of the year.

so is it actually called Festival of Fire... or is that some gay name Geoff gave it?

Best news of the year.

so is it actually called Festival of Fire... or is that some gay name Geoff gave it?

Rumour has it Geoff coerced the band to call the cd "festival of fire"

Best news of the year.

I originally wanted to go with 'Geofftival of Fire' but we settled on 'Festival...'

I originally wanted to go with 'Geofftival of Fire' but we settled on 'Festival...'

Geofftival ? isnt that a disease similar to a Spadfer?

It's a disease called sex.

aha... must be that californication acccent that caused me to think it was festival...