Diffuser - hidden hair metal track on 'Injurylovemelody'

Geoff

Hey guys, anyone know this band? They released two awesome albums back in 2001 and 2003 - 'Injurylovesmelody' and 'Making the grade' - both kick a heap of ass. I just read they have reformed and have a new album due out soon. Pretty excited about that, to be honest.

Are there any fans here of these guys? I'd call them modern rock, but with some of the most gigantic (and consistently gigantic) choruses you're every likely to hear. 'Loser of the year' is a long-time fave of mine, from their debut.

Questions:

Does anyone have their two albums when they were called Flu 13?

How awesome is the un-named hidden track on 'Injurylovesmelody' CD - A 100% "hair metal" ball curler with the lyrics, the vocals, the solo, the cheese... the song is so f*cking awesome. Anyone familiar with it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dm4PJq6gLg

Here's to you:

Get it on:

• 5 months later...
Hey guys, anyone know this band? They released two awesome albums back in 2001 and 2003 - 'Injurylovesmelody' and 'Making the grade' - both kick a heap of ass. I just read they have reformed and have a new album due out soon. Pretty excited about that, to be honest.

Are there any fans here of these guys? I'd call them modern rock, but with some of the most gigantic (and consistently gigantic) choruses you're every likely to hear. 'Loser of the year' is a long-time fave of mine, from their debut.

Questions:

How awesome is the un-named hidden track on 'Injurylovesmelody' CD - A 100% "hair metal" ball curler with the lyrics, the vocals, the solo, the cheese... the song is so f*cking awesome. Anyone familiar with it?

Here's to you:

Get it on:

"Hair metal" hidden track?! :o Bloody hell. I have the two releases (Making The Grade - Jap. version & Injurylovesmelody) but I haven't noticed (or it has slipped my mind) the hidden track. :anon:

Gotta dig this one out of the hiding-place and have a listen....

Questions:

Here's to you:

Get it on:

"Hair metal" hidden track?! :o Bloody hell. I have the two releases (Making The Grade - Jap. version & Injurylovesmelody) but I haven't noticed (or it has slipped my mind) the hidden track. :anon:

Oh man, you have to hear this song. Let me know how you go. It's about 10mins of silence before it starts, I think (very well hidden). But well worth it.

Also, just to let you know... if you ever entertained the possibility of tracking down their CDs when they were called Flu 13... DON'T!!!

They are horrible. Just stick to Diffuser. I heard they were back together and going to release a new album. I must follow up on that one. Great CDs.

FYI:

Diffuser has recently started recording the new album, posting this on their myspace:

“ Hello friends, long time no talk. I hope everything is well by you. We just wanted to give everyone an update that we are currently in the studio recording our next record. Things have been going great, and we're stoked for it. We just finished tracking drums and some guitars, and its been a blast. We will keep you updated...so for now, enjoy your holidays and stay safe! ”

• 7 months later...

Questions:

Here's to you:

Get it on:

Oh man, you have to hear this song. Let me know how you go. It's about 10mins of silence before it starts, I think (very well hidden). But well worth it.

Also, just to let you know... if you ever entertained the possibility of tracking down their CDs when they were called Flu 13... DON'T!!!

They are horrible. Just stick to Diffuser. I heard they were back together and going to release a new album. I must follow up on that one. Great CDs.

:o How good was that?! Just finished listening to the hidden "hair-metal" track and it was rocking. Some Spinal Tapish moments on display but much better executed. And the lyrics! I laughed my ass off when I heard the lyrics. So cheesy. But in a good way :) Really enjoyed that one. Must hear it again. I just kept wondering if it really was a live song or if it was faked.

Excellent! :headbanger:

Questions:

Here's to you:

Get it on:

:o How good was that?! Just finished listening to the hidden "hair-metal" track and it was rocking. Some Spinal Tapish moments on display but much better executed. And the lyrics! I laughed my ass off when I heard the lyrics. So cheesy. But in a good way :) Really enjoyed that one. Must hear it again. I just kept wondering if it really was a live song or if it was faked.

Excellent! :headbanger:

I hate really great hidden tracks... just for the fact you know you can't put them on your Ipod or compilation CDs. Butch Walker's 'Letters' also has a wonderful hidden track. And I believe Demon Drive's 'Heroes' has a gem too. Very frustrating. :(

• 6 months later...

Due to the huge involvement in this thread, I may as well mention that these guys actually released an album in 2008 (Yeah, I only just found out myself) called 'Sincerely, Wasting Away'. Just heard it yesterday and it ain't bad. I don't think it's going to be as good as the first 2 albums but the second song, 'Free' was really excellent, if nothing else. :)