One Less Reason

Geoff

Whilst this style of modern rock isn't the favourite kind I generally rave about on this site, this band is quite a cut above many other similar bands. At this point in time they have two releases - a very good, solid debut called 'Everydaylife' from 2005 and a great EP from 2006 called 'Getting back your self esteem'. I think they have a new album due out very soon too.

I believe it'll be the EP that will most excite viewers of this site, as there is more variation in pace on the tunes, and the choruses are an absolute delight. These guys are a straight up hard rock band, with a modern touch. I've only spun them both once so far and can't remember song names, but there is a killer mostly piano balled off the debut and pretty much every song off the EP is excellent. Check these guys out.

Here's their myspace page... I can't view it at work so not sure what's on it, but hopefully a few samples:

http://www.myspace.com/onelessreason

No, I am at home mate and I even tried keying in the name again, then search and it still came up blank but with sound :unsure:

Wow, sounds dodgy. I'm assuming you searched something like 'One less reason myspace' in Google or something? It's annoying I can't check myself.

I wonder if their myspace page is down...

Well I'll be fucked, it's working now and I will say it sounds pretty good too :tumbsup: .

Now how about doing some work Geoff :lol:

Well I'll be fucked, it's working now and I will say it sounds pretty good too :tumbsup: .

Work? Is finding links for new bands not work? :P

You forgot to say finding pictures of massive :tits: aswell :lol:

You forgot to say finding pictures of massive :tits: aswell :lol:

Oh... you saw that one too? Whoops. It, uh, wasn't me, or something.

Jokes aside, that girl is awesome. norks.pnghappy.png

Here's another link I found with samples, I believe, and you can buy the album on MP3 I think.

http://musicishere.com/artists/One_less_reason/everydaylife

Good to see you are hard at work again today Geoff :lol:

:hijack: While you have some spare time at work today, how about a tip for Sunday.

STORM vs MANLY

Good to see you are hard at work again today Geoff :lol:

:hijack: While you have some spare time at work today, how about a tip for Sunday.

STORM vs MANLY

I think Storm will win but I hope both teams lose somehow... I have never wanted neither team to win a grand final so much in my life. I really couldn't care less. Just hope it's a good game. I'm more interested in the lower grades, where the mighty Eels are in both grand finals.

I plan to be very drunk by the time of the "main game".

• 2 years later...

For anyone interested, these guys released another disc back in 2007 called 'Lifetime burning'. Heard it last night and it's not too bad. These guys would have to be the last, pure "modern rock" band that I know of. Most the bands we discuss in the 'other styles' thread are just melodic hard rock bands with a modern image or modern vibe... but these guys are still your traditional, slow-paced modern rock. I generally dislike this kind of stuff, but this band still writes a nice heartfelt tune with a good ear for melody. Not for everyone, but not a bad band. If I'm to believe correctly they have a new album due soon too, with a cool sounding song called 'Seasons' on it.