The Mentors!

Dark Star

Found this on blabbermouth and thought I would share with Any other crazy Mentors Fans out there.. This means YOU Keith!!!! :rofl2:

THE MENTORS Vocalist Leaves; New DVD Out Now - June 16, 2007

THE MENTORS vocalist El Rapo, who replaced the late Eldon Hoke (a.k.a. El Duce) and did vocals on THE MENTORS' most recent album, 2005's "Over the Top", has reportedly left the band to pursue religious studies. Vocals in the band will now be officially handled by founding members Sickie Wifebeater (guitars) and Dr. Heathen Scum (bass). The group — which also includes Sickie Jr. on guitar and Moosedick on drums — is planning to release a new CD, titled "Rock Kourt", in 2008.

THE MENTORS released a new DVD, entitled "El Duce Vita", in April.

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/thementors.

Hmmm.. Religious Studies?? Does that make Anyone else go What the FUCK????? Cause that's what I did..... :rofl2:

I AM gonna be looking for that DVD though.......

He left the band "to pursue religious studies?" :blink: Um...oooookay.

Although with this band, very little surprises me anymore...

• 3 years later...

Was anyone else aware that the Mentors released a new CD, DUCEFIXION, in 2009? I sure wasn't. :blink:

thementorsq.jpg

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thementorsq

Current 'Tors lineup is Sickie Wifebeater (guitars), Dr. Heathen Scum (bass) and Marc "Mad Dog" Leon on drums/vox. The last song on the new album is an unreleased track from 1991 that features the late great Eldon "El Duce" Hoke on vocals.

One of my friends just saw the current Mentors line up live out in California yesterday... he posted a video of "Golden Shower" that he shot at the show on his Facebook page. It was an outdoor gig in front of about 20 people (:rofl:) The new singer/drummer is a dead ringer for "Good Ol' El."

The punch line is that the venue (The Alano Club in Costa Mesa, CA.) is apparently connected somehow with a drug and alcohol rehab facility. The fact that they let the Mentors play there is pretty much the definition of "irony" if you ask me. Wonder how the crowd reacted to "Free Fix?" :lol:

One of my friends just saw the current Mentors line up live out in California yesterday... he posted a video of "Golden Shower" that he shot at the show on his Facebook page. It was an outdoor gig in front of about 20 people (:rofl:) The new singer/drummer is a dead ringer for "Good Ol' El."

The punch line is that the venue (The Alano Club in Costa Mesa, CA.) is apparently connected somehow with a drug and alcohol rehab facility. The fact that they let the Mentors play there is pretty much the definition of "irony" if you ask me. Wonder how the crowd reacted to "Free Fix?" :lol:

Yea I saw those vids and was like,... Wow look at the crowd....... :whistle: Looked like they were playing in front of a 7-11 or something with all of about 25 people watching em.. Man I woulda gone if I was closer though.... :tumbsup: