Lorraine bootleg on ebay

I have been notified that someone is selling another Lorraine boot on ebay.

Item # 150118358857

Well we can't have that can we? Retrospect Records and its affiliates do not tolerate booting of its artists.

Ladies and Gentleman , let the mighty sword be wielded and witness the power of VERO.....

(lol - this is an extremely sarcastic post - please take it as such)

How does this VERO thing work...I'd like to get in on the fun seeing as I know a couple artists that weren;t too impressed with your last auctions.

:rofl2:

Now that's funny!

#1 you can't get in on the fun because you do not own a corporate label .

That's not true, everyone who owns copyrights can sign to VERO. All they have to do is to print out the forms, sign them, fax back, then eBay calls to verify verbally on the phone with you and that's it. You get direct e-mail "hotline" on which you can request auction termination and they do it no questions asked... However, that doesnt mean if you abuse your rights they cannot investigate and take action against you, so take it easy on the nuke button.

That's not true, everyone who owns copyrights can sign to VERO. All they have to do is to print out the forms, sign them, fax back, then eBay calls to verify verbally on the phone with you and that's it. You get direct e-mail "hotline" on which you can request auction termination and they do it no questions asked... However, that doesnt mean if you abuse your rights they cannot investigate and take action against you, so take it easy on the nuke button.

So can artists fill out these forms ahead of time or do they have to wait until one of the bootlegs is actually being sold on ebay?

So can artists fill out these forms ahead of time or do they have to wait until one of the bootlegs is actually being sold on ebay?

No need to wait, you can do it at any time. See how below:

How to report a listing to eBay

Step One:

If you have a good faith belief that a listing on eBay infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to do is download our Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI) form, fill it out, and fax it to eBay.

Download eBay's NOCI form: H E R E

Note: You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view and print our NOCI form. You can download a free copy at Adobe's Web site.

Step Two:

After we receive your first NOCI, eBay will send you an electronic version of our NOCI form as well as instructions on how to submit future reports electronically.

Step Three:

We encourage you to educate eBay users about your products and legal positions by creating an "About Me" page. We have found that many of our users cease listing potentially infringing items when presented with such information.

Learn how to set up your About Me page. Once you have posted your About Me page, send us an email and we will include it in our list of Intellectual Property Rights Owner About Me pages.

As you see it is quite easy to register to VeRO and it does not require you to be corporate biz to do so, every intelectual rights owner (musician, painter, etc, etc,) can do it.

Once eBay verify and set you up as VeRO owner it is very easy and straight-forward process of reporting and automatically removing listings that infringe your copyrights.

Hope this helps.