Error message when submitting a CD

Swazi

When I hit the "Add CD" button, a white page opens up with the text "no file found for verification".

Has something changed ? (the field "Verify Image above" is new) Am I doing something wrong ?? :unsure:

Thanks for feedback !

When I hit the "Add CD" button, a white page opens up with the text "no file found for verification".

Has something changed ? (the field "Verify Image above" is new) Am I doing something wrong ?? :unsure:

Thanks for feedback !

I just tried it and it worked fine for me here. Reload the submission page so it regenerates the confirmation image and try again...

-Dan

Thanks for feedback !

I just tried it and it worked fine for me here. Reload the submission page so it regenerates the confirmation image and try again...

-Dan

OK, thanks ! It worked. It had to do with this image verification.

Uhmmm, sorry Dan, but this error is quite frustrating... I had to re-submit both albums twice :pc:

For the second cd, I reloaded the submission page once again and it regenerated a new confirmation image but when I tried to add it I got the same message: "no file found for verification"! I had to copy&paste all data to Notepad and then copy&paste them once again in a new re-reloaded submission page.

It's a matter of time (obviously, a second attempt with saved data is faster than the first one)? A memory/cache problem? A "bug"? Or maybe, I'm too stupid to do it correctly (very likely :P )? And I'm sure I entered the correct code... :wtf:

Thanks for your help!

Uhmmm, sorry Dan, but this error is quite frustrating... I had to re-submit both albums twice :pc:

For the second cd, I reloaded the submission page once again and it regenerated a new confirmation image but when I tried to add it I got the same message: "no file found for verification"! I had to copy&paste all data to Notepad and then copy&paste them once again in a new re-reloaded submission page.

It's a matter of time (obviously, a second attempt with saved data is faster than the first one)? A memory/cache problem? A "bug"? Or maybe, I'm too stupid to do it correctly (very likely :P )? And I'm sure I entered the correct code... :wtf:

Thanks for your help!

Did you at any point leave the page and come back and try to resubmit?

Did you spend a long time typing in the data on any page (like more than 5 minutes)?

-Dan

Did you at any point leave the page and come back and try to resubmit?

Did you spend a long time typing in the data on any page (like more than 5 minutes)?

-Dan

What I did:

For album n. 1, my first attempt after the "no file found for verification" was: hit browser's "back" button, check the code and click again "add CD", with the same negative result. Then, I simply reloaded the page and a new code was generated. I entered all data and this time all went OK.

For album n. 2 (right after album n. 1): to tell the truth, I don't remember (sorry!) if I simply pressed the "continue" button and then the "Submit CDs to HH", or if I hit the browser's "back" button and then "Submit CDs to HH"... All I know is that the code was the same as the last one (for album n. 1). At that point, I thought it was better to reload the page and to have a brand new code (bad idea?), but after submitting the cd I had once again the "no file found for verification" message.

Last, yes I spent more than 5 minutes typing in the data: I am not a fast typist and I always try to add all musicians involved (additional players, guests, backing vocalists, and so on) and running times for each tracks. For some new or rare releases I also have to check all data on several other websites (ebay, webzines, official band homepages, and so on). This means that I usually spend a lot of time for each submission :)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your answer,

espo

• 3 months later...
Guest Marco!

It happen to me also trying to add the Sepulcro Vacio data

i was about to post a "Please Help me" topic hehe until i read it and worked

But i have another question, after getting the CD Submitted! screen, i hit continue and got this

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/submission.cgi was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.heavensmetal.com Port 80

It's that good? i think the problem is that the link should be linked to http://www.heavensmetal.com/cgi-bin/submission9.cgi with the 9

Well take care you guys