Hurricane: Over the edge - Greek bootleg?

Hi there,

What a mess it has been with all the strange Hurricane re-issue. I hope you all get your money back.

But I have another issue about a Japaneese version of the Over the edge album.

I got this album in a trade from a Greek lad. I think it is a Bootleg of the original japaneese version. It is a quite good one but a bootleg.

Does anyone know if a bootleg like this is floating around.

All the text and everything on the disc look authentic but my disc says Over the edge on the inner ring. Regular releases usually don't have this type of marking on the disc. And what I have seen from auction on the web this is not there. The text and pictures on the booklet are quite blurry as well.

I really need to find out if this is a fake since a traded a quite good cd for this one.

Take care

Ali

It is a Greek bootleg yes.

Do a back-serch in this section of the forum and you will find a thread with huge list of all current Greek bootlegs I've posted sometime ago. Hurricane, Banshee, Roko, Skagarack, Paganini, Force 3, Mesisah Force, Vanadium, and more, all duped.

P.S. Here it is http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11580

Guest DSB-RECORDS

YES-it is a Bootleg and just also spread over Germany!

I'm not sure whether it is really from Greece,because much stuff from this mentioned list is also offered from

Italy and UK.

As far as I know there is also a PAGANINI-Weapon of love Bootleg available-the only thing I saw on first sight was that it looks brand new and this is mostly suspicious with 20 years old titles.

It is a Greek bootleg yes.

Do a back-serch in this section of the forum and you will find a thread with huge list of all current Greek bootlegs I've posted sometime ago. Hurricane, Banshee, Roko, Skagarack, Paganini, Force 3, Mesisah Force, Vanadium, and more, all duped.

P.S. Here it is http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11580

I knew I had seen that post in the past but could not find it this morning.

I will definately go after that trader.

Take care

Ali

Any update on your progress?

Yes. He told me that he didn't know it was a bootleg and he was an honest trader and all that. He Had a number of cd:s from Stormspell's list up for trade/sell on Melodicrock so I think he must have known that it was a bootleg.

I told him that I wanted the self-titled Eyes cd I saw in his list for compensation. He answered me that he thought this also was a bootleg but I could get it if wanted.

I gave him a couple of options. I told him to send back the cd I have traded to him and I would keep the Hurricane album as an compensation for the postage and the hazzle he had put me through. But he did not like that. In that case he wanted the HUrricane album back. I could not accept that

The Hurricane album is a good boot (good sound qulity and nice booklet) but the cd is a quite cheep disc. So I told him to send me the Eyes cd as well as a compensation. He accepted that and I hope that cd is coming soon. Could not be bothered to put more time into this matter maybe it was wrong but I really like that Hurricane album and wanted to keep it. I did not like the cd I traded at all.

Take acre

Ali