Bootleg warning

Saw this on another forum and since the substantial part of the list consist of relevant bands to this board I've decided it would be good to paste it here so people would be aware:

So here it is: GREEK BOOTLEGS - if you see those on eBay or other online stores be sure to ask the sellers if you indeed are buying the original!

1. AGONY - The first Defiance CD

2. APOCRYPHA - The Eyes of Time CD

3. APOCRYPHA - Area 54 CD

4. APOSTLE - Prepate to meet... CD

5. ASPHYX - The Rack CD

6. ATTILA – Rollin’ thunder CD

7. BANSHEE – Race against time CD

8. BLITZKRIEG - A Time of Changes CD

9. BLOODLUST - Terminal Velocity + Guilty as Sin CD

10. CHINA – Same CD

11. COBRA - Warriors of the Dead + Back from the Dead CD

12. COVEN - Blessed is the Black CD

13. CYCLONE - Inferior to None CD

14. DAMMAJ - Mutiny CD

15. DAMIEN - Angel Juice CD

16. DARK STAR - Same CD

17. DEATHROW - Raging steel CD

18. DEATHROW - Satan´s Gift + Riders of Doom CD

19. DIAMOND HEAD - Borrowed Time CD

20. DIAMOND HEAD - Canterbury CD

21. EAST COAST - Same CD

22. EMERALD / ORACLE - Armed for Battle / Selah CD

23. EXE - Sicker than I thought CD

24. EYES - Same CD

25. FIFTH ANGEL - Same CD

26. FIFTH ANGEL - Time will tell CD

27. FORCE 3 - Warrior of Light CD

28. GLASGOW - Same CD

29. HEATHENS RAGE - EP + Unreleased songs CD

30. HEAVEN'S EDGE - Same CD

31. HEAVY LOAD - Death or glory CD

32. HEAVY LOAD - Stronger than evil CD

33. HEXENHAUS - A tribute to Insanity CD

34. HEXENHAUS - Edge of Eternity CD

35. HEXENHAUS - Awakening CD

36. HURRICANE - Over the Edge CD

37. HURRICANE - Slave to the Thrill CD

38. I.N.C. - Razorback CD

39. I.N.C. - Visitor CD

40. INCUBUS - To the devil a daughter CD

41. JULLIET - Same CD

42. LAAZ ROCKIT - Nothing Sacred CD

43. LAAZ ROCKIT - No stranger to Danger CD

44. LAAZ ROCKIT - City's Gonna Burn CD

45. LEGEND - From the Fjords CD

46. MESSIAH FORCE - The Last Day CD

47. MILLENNIUM - Same CD

48. MYTHRA – Death and Destiny CD

49. NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Survive CD

50. ONSLAUGHT - In search of Sanity CD

51. OZ - III Warning + Decibel Storm CD

52. OZ – Hey You + Fire in the brain CD

53. PAGANINI - It's a long way to the top CD

54. PAGANINI - Weapon of Love CD

55. PANTERA – Power Metal CD

56. RANKELSON – Hungry for Blood + The Bastards of Rock n’ roll CD

57. REALM - Suiciety CD

58. RECON - Behind Enemy Lines CD

59. RIGOR MORTIS - Same CD

60. ATTACK - Return of the evil CD

61. RODS - Heavier Than Thou + Holywood Project CD

62. ROKO - Same CD

63. ROKO – Think about tomorrow CD

64. SACRED REICH – American Way CD

65. SACRED REICH - Surf Nicaragua CD

66. SACRED WARRIOR - Rebellion CD

67. SATAN - Court in the Act CD

68. SAVAGE GRACE - After the fall from Grace CD

69. SAVAGE STEEL - Do or Die CD

70. ANACRUSIS - Reason CD

71. SHIVA - Firedance CD

72. SHOK PARIS – Steel and Starlight CD

73. SIREN - Financial Suicide CD

74. SKAGARACK - Same CD

75. SKAGARACK - Hungry for a Game CD

76. SKAGARACK - A slice of Heaven CD

77. SORTILEGE - Heroe's Tears CD

78. SORTILEGE - Metamorphose CD

79. SORTILEGE - Same CD

80. STEELER - Same + Rulin’ the earth CD

81. TANK - Same + Power of the hunter CD

82. TYGERS OF PAN TANG - Spellbound CD

83. TYGERS OF PAN TANG - Wild Cat CD

84. TYGERS OF PAN TANG - Crazy Nights CD

85. TYKETTO - Don't come easy CD

86. TYTON - Mind Over Metal + Castle Donington CD

87. VALENTINE - Same CD

88. VANADIUM - Seventh Heaven CD

89. VANADIUM - Corruption of Innocence CD

90. VANADIUM - Metal Rock + A race the devil CD

91. VANADIUM - Born to fight + Game over CD

92. VARIOUS - KENT ROCKS + IT'S UNHEARD OF! CD

93. VISITOR - Same CD

94. VXN – Winter Crys CD

95. WORLD WAR III – Same CD

96. WRATHCHILD - Trash Queens CD

97. XENTRIX - For whose advantage CD

98. XENTRIX - Shattered CD

99. ZNOWHITE - Act of God CD

100. FAITHFUL BREATH - Back on my hill + Live CD

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Action is already be taken on the Hurricane cd's.......Any that show up on Ebay will soon be shut down.......We already know the source behind these cheap imitations and legal action is pending......Jay actually got wind of this before any of the rest of us did......So all we ask is for people to be patient and not buy these as the real thing will be out very very soon......

Take care

Lon

Those wacky Greeks... :bigboom:

Is that what "Doing It Greek Style" means :lol:

WOW!!

Another bootleg warning, what a surprise!! I unfortunately think we are fighting a losing battle. Take a look at Rock-It-Records for example. Everything that Rock-It-Records releases are just cheap bootlegs designed at a quick cash grab 'n' run. I always ask myself, how do people sleep at night knowing they are totally ripping not only the bands off but the fans who think they are getting the real McCoy.

I just guess it takes all types of people to make up this world we live in. I don't believe in God, Karma or any of those fairytales but sometimes I wish I did, just for a bit of piece of mind.

Kind regards

Dave

Nobody fighting here, just spreading the info so people will know and be careful when buying.

And yes, apparently ROCK-IT, MOSH-ITY-UP, VOX HUMANA, etc. current mysterious re-issues appear to be indeed cheap CDR knock-offs, so people should be aware of that too. Thanks for pointing that out.

How horrible. The shame. Fighting a losing battle? Man , I've been telling you that for years.

Nice to know you peeps are so involved in the auctions. Did well this week eh?

You really should worry about things that concern your personal life and stop being so envious of other people's.

Lon , that last post wasn't directed at you by the way bro , since you are so involved in the Hurricane thing , I completely understand your resentment of the Greeks.

How horrible. The shame. Fighting a losing battle? Man , I've been telling you that for years.

You really should worry about things that concern your personal life and stop being so envious of other people's.

Lon , that last post wasn't directed at you by the way bro , since you are so involved in the Hurricane thing , I completely understand your resentment of the Greeks.

I'm sorry Sam, I'm confused...who are you speaking of when you say "guys"?

Jarred

Sam, this comes across as incredibly defensive... and I really don't get it, since no names were mentioned in the posts up until this point. I'm trying to understand your stance on bootlegs, and it just doesn't compute.

On the one hand you post here about how anyone caught bootlegging Retrospect titles will be pursued via VERO and be shut down, but on the other hand you say here that anyone worried about bootlegs needs to get a life, i.e., don't worry about bootlegs.

Maybe it's just me but those two standpoints seem diametrically opposed to one another. They don't jive.

What am I missing here?

It honestly seems like you're in favor of bootlegs when it's in your financial best interest and against them when it's in your financial best interest.

If that's your stance, then fine. Just be candid about it. Throw away all the "it's for the fans" stuff, clear away the fog, and let's get down to brass tacks: it's about the money. Period.

You wouldn't be the first to take that business approach, and you won't be the last. But let's just clear away the bullshit and call a spade a spade. It's not like anyone here could do anything about it anyway...

*shrug*

-Dan

Sam, this comes across as incredibly defensive... and I really don't get it, since no names were mentioned in the posts up until this point. I'm trying to understand your stance on bootlegs, and it just doesn't compute.

On the one hand you post here about how anyone caught bootlegging Retrospect titles will be pursued via VERO and be shut down, but on the other hand you say here that anyone worried about bootlegs needs to get a life, i.e., don't worry about bootlegs.

Maybe it's just me but those two standpoints seem diametrically opposed to one another. They don't jive.

What am I missing here?

It honestly seems like you're in favor of bootlegs when it's in your financial best interest and against them when it's in your financial best interest.

If that's your stance, then fine. Just be candid about it. Throw away all the "it's for the fans" stuff, clear away the fog, and let's get down to brass tacks: it's about the money. Period.

You wouldn't be the first to take that business approach, and you won't be the last. But let's just clear away the bullshit and call a spade a spade. It's not like anyone here could do anything about it anyway...

*shrug*

-Dan

Damn...relax he's just giving us a heads up for those of us who spend lots of money on Ebay. I appreciate the info.

Thanks

Damn...relax he's just giving us a heads up for those of us who spend lots of money on Ebay. I appreciate the info.

Thanks

Please reread this thread and to whom I was responding. I am not replying to the original poster.

-Dan

Thanks

Please reread this thread and to whom I was responding. I am not replying to the original poster.

-Dan

Sorry, I was try to back you up from the person who said worry about your personal life. My bad if that came off wrong.

Dan , I would love to announce my personal stance on boots in a public forum.....but it ain't gonna happen.

And knowing your history about posting my PM's , I probably wouldn't actually type it to you either.

My friends at this forum know where I stand. If people took the time to ask me about it over a phone conversation I would be happy to explain it.

In closing , I will make this clear. Anybody who signs with RR is protected. Bottom line. As EVERY label-owner should be.

I just want to know why it's the same losers in every attack and why they don't mention the hundreds of boots being sold by dozens of ebay sellers?!?! :screwy:

No one on this thread actually ever even mentioned your label Sam, but the names Rock-It, Mosh-Ity-Up, and Vox Humana came up and you got all defensive. I guess it raises a few questions

I'm stunned here...and still confused. I saw no mention of RR or Sam's name being used. Therefore, I see no reason for Sam to get defensive. This seems out of character for the type of person Sam is becoming. I will chalk it up to some outside stress in Sam's life maybe making him a bit more touchy than usual which is understandable. Or maybe I'm wrong...dunno. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jarred

I think we need the FAKEPOLICE (or better known as the ''FAKEPENIS'') guy back. Everybody seemed to be on the same page with that guy.

I am soooooo stayin' out of these threads from now on... :gone: