Does Anyone here trade music over AIM or MSN?

Guest Swinginthing

On this board, we actually support the artists by buying their material B)

Guest Swinginthing

Oh I totally believe in that! But some bands you cant even buy from anymore, so they are impossible to find! thats why I trade, so if you cant buy from 'em i dont see why not. theres no point in trading if you can just walk into best buy and get their cd, thats lame!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive gotta step in on this one, first of all I live in Utah(America) and anybody that reads this that lives in the good old U.S.A. would be lying if they told you different, here, the music industry builds it's entire empire off of peoples one dimensional stupidity, one band catches on and there will be at least 100+ clones signed thereafter, your force fed what they shove down the tube, the average american doesnt put much thought into this, so they fall right into the trap, nobody ever stops and thinks outside the box, like hey this shit sucks maybe somebody somewhere is putting something good out, Musical Talent is a non issue here, as a matter of fact, it's uncool, the more simple minded and novice your band sounds the quicker you'll be signed, now living in this climate and being hungry for GOOD!!! music, I turned to file sharing, Audio Galaxy to be exact, I would type in bands out of an old metal catalouge, or type in a band like Blue Tears and follow the trail, if it werent for file sharing, who's knows how many great bands I would have missed out on, Emerald Rain comes to mind, I now own all there cd's, of course I buy the cd's, no copy in existence can equal an original copy, at least in my mind it's not even close to the same, but you see all the music I discovered filesharing has to be imported, so the brainwash lemming machine isnt getting a penny of it, and the general public is just not buying anything, they would rather download that 2minute Green Day masterpiece then buy a whole album that just has a bunch of shit, I debated Orrin Hatch, Republican Senator from Utah (and paid bitch for the R.I.A.A.) I said "If Ive got that song My Sharona stuck in my head, im certainly not ever going to run out and buy the cd, I'll download the song, and if I can't download the song then "Oh! Well" guess it'll just be stuck in my head", either way im not buying the cd, so your not losing out on anything, the music industry is losing money because they are peddeling shit!!! plain and simple, when they start releasing good music(or if they do)?? it'll be so obvious, they will stop losing money.

But as long as they have a good scapegoat in filesharing, they will keep using that excuse. And now the whole genre of "Metal" in america is warped, you'll find such classics as Slipknot, Korn, and Limp Bizkit filled under the tag that you used to find Motley, Judas, etc. I went out a couple weeks ago to find a Night Ranger - Man In Motion CD, I wanted to hear Right On You, not only could I not find Man In Motion along the wasatch front, the only Cd's I did find were Neverland and Midnight Madness, that's it.. pretty sad.......