Tigertailz - Wazbonez

Guest Dangerous Toy

Guest Dangerous Toy

I asked this question on another forum, but didn't get much help. I own the newer version of the Wazbonez album that came bundled with Thrill Pistol. Besides the tracks that were left off the new release, are there any other differences in the songs that are on both albums or are they exactly the same? Also, are the missing tracks such as "Perish", "Pigface" and "Future Is A Drug" worth tracking down the original U.K. release for? I'd really appreciate any advice here.

I asked this question on another forum, but didn't get much help. I own the newer version of the Wazbonez album that came bundled with Thrill Pistol. Besides the tracks that were left off the new release, are there any other differences in the songs that are on both albums or are they exactly the same? Also, are the missing tracks such as "Perish", "Pigface" and "Future Is A Drug" worth tracking down the original U.K. release for? I'd really appreciate any advice here.

Ok, firstly, there is no US version.

The version that came with Thrill Pistol is available on the UK release as well.

I spoke to the band about this some time ago, when I was contemplating picking up the Jap release, and they said it was not worth it, as most of the songs would be on the disc released with Thrill pistol.

The UK version is re-recorded though, and personally sounds better than the Jap/Thrill pistol version, and there is a slightly different track listing.

If you can find it cheap, its worth picking up, but unless you are a die hard fan, the Thrill Pistol version should suffice! (I bought my copy when it was released, so I was quite lucky on that).

The only version I would say thats totall worth passing over, is the original Japanese release (it was released under the band name Wazbones rather than Tigertailz).

The version that came with Thrill Pistol is available on the UK release as well.

I spoke to the band about this some time ago, when I was contemplating picking up the Jap release, and they said it was not worth it, as most of the songs would be on the disc released with Thrill pistol.

The UK version is re-recorded though, and personally sounds better than the Jap/Thrill pistol version, and there is a slightly different track listing.

If you can find it cheap, its worth picking up, but unless you are a die hard fan, the Thrill Pistol version should suffice! (I bought my copy when it was released, so I was quite lucky on that).

The only version I would say thats totall worth passing over, is the original Japanese release (it was released under the band name Wazbones rather than Tigertailz).

I love the album but would disagree with you on this. I found the Japan version to sound better and it has 15 tracks. I would stick with that but that's just my opinion :)

>> Ok, firstly, there is no US version.

The only version I would say thats totall worth passing over, is the original Japanese release (it was released under the band name Wazbones rather than Tigertailz). <<

As the Capt. said, there is no US version - people hear that they recorded the album in California and that their mgmt at the time was called "Amuse America" (Japanese company) and they assume there is one, I guess. Amuse was going to release it in the States through their own Domo / EMI Records but that didn't wind up working out (I warned 'em!!). The California version was released through PolyGram in Japan, features Jay Pepper and has a slightly altered track listing than the UK version, which was re-recorded in Wales with a guitarist named Cy Danaher and released through a small company in Britain called Minority One. If I remember correctly, I prefered the version with Jay on it as I love the way he plays.

I love the album but would disagree with you on this. I found the Japan version to sound better and it has 15 tracks. I would stick with that but that's just my opinion :)

I've only heard the Jap version thanks to you, and I love it. :banger:

I've only heard the Jap version thanks to you, and I love it. :banger:

Yeah, this is not only my fave Tigertailz album but it's right up there with any sleaze album I think!

Guest Dangerous Toy

Thanks for clearing up the mess about a US version folks. I just have one more question if you don't mind. The Thrill Pistol booklet says something about the Wazbonez album being released in '92, but I've heard some say it was originally recorded in '95. What's the deal? When was the dang thing originally released?

Thanks for clearing up the mess about a US version folks. I just have one more question if you don't mind. The Thrill Pistol booklet says something about the Wazbonez album being released in '92, but I've heard some say it was originally recorded in '95. What's the deal? When was the dang thing originally released?

Might have been recorded in 1992 but was released in 1995.

Guest Dangerous Toy

Might have been recorded in 1992 but was released in 1995.

Thanks