Journey - Separate Ways cover (by Ricky Shindig)

J.S.M

Hi everybody,

my band (Ricky Shindig) just released a cover version of Journey's Separate Ways.

Before we were Ricky Shindig, three of us were in a cover band together. As a little "turn back time" we decided to record a cover song while we slowly start working on some new material. 

We chose 'Separate Ways' because this song is an essential part of every Ricky Shindig party and one of the catchiest songs ever written.

We are looking forward to hearing any kind of feedback :)

• Like 1

Pretty awesome! I often fantasize about starting an AOR, but I know nothing about making music.

Edited by GarrisonDreams

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I'm liking that first track as well
    • Interesting song choice as far as covering Journey, but they likely wanted to go with a lesser known track.   I'm not a fan of the vocal effects nor the guitar tone.  It's a skip for me, but not as bad as I was expecting after reading the prior comments.
    • The nice voice will change for future records, according to Graywolf's Facebook page:    
    • Mirror Mirror-Dokken
    • Ehh? Is this the same content retitled, or a completely different set of live material?... there's so much wrong with this announcement: This album was previously released as a very-limited CD/DVD.  It sold out instantly.  So we went back in and did a Dolby Atmos remaster/remix of the album, and all new artwork. But CD and DVD don't support Dolby Atmos. That's not a thing. Blu-Ray yes, but not CD or DVD. ALSO - Not only will this be available on streaming platforms but we will soon be announcing the release of Vinyl, CD/DVD, and Cassette.  Yes, you read that right.  Cassette.  Oh - let's talk about the video - the BluRay video has been upgraded to 4K for this release "Upgraded to 4k"... whut? Unless it was reshot using 4K cameras (or was originally shot in 4K but simply authored to blu-ray in SDR) and is completely reauthored to support HDR, a 4K UHD release may not actually be an improvement. Boomers saying boomer things...
    • From the Michael Sweet FB page: You asked for it!  And we listened!  To Hell with the Amps, our acoustic album, is being released worldwide on May 10 to streaming services everywhere.   This album was previously released as a very-limited CD/DVD.  It sold out instantly.  So we went back in and did a Dolby Atmos remaster/remix of the album, and all new artwork.   ALSO - Not only will this be available on streaming platforms but we will soon be announcing the release of Vinyl, CD/DVD, and Cassette.  Yes, you read that right.  Cassette.  Oh - let's talk about the video - the BluRay video has been upgraded to 4K for this release.   There are so many exciting things to come with this release.  Stay tuned here and at Stryper.com We are looking forward to taking this acoustic album on the road starting May 30.
    • May I introduce a Swiss singer who is obviously not yet represented here (perhaps for reasons): Seraina Telli. I don't understand how you can make an official music video in portrait format, but I like the sound. 2015 - 2019: Leader of the metal band Burning Witches with successful European tours. She was a founding member and also co-songwriter on the first two studio albums. Since 2019, she has been touring solo and with her own band Dead Venus. 2022: Debut solo album 'Simple Talk' reaches number 2 in the Swiss charts. She toured Europe with CoreLeoni (fall 2022) and The New Roses (spring 2023). If you're interested, you can check out her YouTube-Channel.
    • The logo is cool. Somehow. And somehow not. Okay, I listened to the track, becausec I read Steve Perry (and not your text). Then the song didn't grab me at all. Then I read the rest. Then I was reassured. Then I skipped.
    • https://bio.to/MrBigTen
    • And Dans viewpoint is the one that counts at the end of the day. If he thinks something belongs on one site over the other, that is because his viewpoint. Same as if he decides a band does not belong on any of his sites. Many years ago I put forward the idea of two bands. The Donnas and Bowling For Soup as in my opinion they are both melodic pop rock who owe more to 80s hard rock than the punk genre they often get labled with. He agreed The Donnas belonged, but BFS he did not think fitted. I felt that was a fair decision based on his viewpoint. End of the day, we are all merely subjects kneeling at the altar of Dan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.