Destination Unknown - ST

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

Review by Kaj Roth Melodic.net

Destination Unknown is the solo project of American singer Brad Henshaw on AOR Blvd Records, there´s little info about musicians from the record label but I know the songs are a mix of covers and 3 original compositions by Henshaw. The album opens with the stunning ”Rivals”, penned by Adrian Gurvitz and I know the original demo that´s a killer but this version is great too. It´s followed by ”One heart” written by Henshaw and it´s a traditional AOR song close to Benny Mardones, ”Where do we go” is a west coast/pop tune by the artist himself but it sounds like an album filler I´m afraid while ”Holding on” is reminiscent of 2 A.M. quite cool.

The production is a bit flat which is a shame since Henshaw is a good singer and there are some really nice versions like ”Even angels fall” by Benjamin Orr, ”Anywhere you go” by David Pack, ”Love used to be a friend” by Jim Capaldi, ”Secretly loving you” by Darin Scheff, ”I´m not crying over you” by Adrian Gurvitz and ”Taken my heart away” by LAVA. Overall, a solid westcoast/AOR release worth checking out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion is if you don't know the originals then you are in for a treat as this is a wonderful slice of pure AOR. Are they as good as the originals No but it still makes for a very enjoyable listen as a good song is a good song after all.

Edited by Mr.AOR

This is a great album. i've had it for a good few weeks now and played it a lot. Brad Henshaw's voice is absolutely brilliant and suits the music too a tee. Highly recommended if you like it pink and fluffy