Jack Russell's Great White - Tribute to Led Zeppelin 2

AlphaMale

various sources:

Jack Russell’s GREAT WHITE – Great Zeppelin II; A Tribute to Led Zeppelin (2021)

PUBLISHED AUGUST 12, 2021

Jack Russell's GREAT WHITE - Great Zeppelin II; A Tribute to Led Zeppelin (2021) full
HERE

Jack Russell’s GREAT WHITE, the version of the band fronted by powerhouse vocalist Jack Russell will release tomorrow “Great Zeppelin II; A Tribute to Led Zeppelin“, a new killer salute to the mighty Zepp.

This long-awaited sequel to the 1998 album that became one of the group’s best-selling, most loved albums, rocks even harder than its predecessor and includes all-new covers of “Whole Lotta Love,” “Kashmir,” “Houses Of The Holy,” “Misty Mountain Hop” and more.

Russell’s voice has only improved with the years and he is ably backed by stellar guitarists Robby Lachner & Michael Olivieri along with bassist Dan McNay & drummer Dicki Fliszar.

Back in 1998, Great White recorded a live album of nothing but Led Zeppelin classics. That album, entitled ‘Great Zeppelin: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin’, featured 14 Zepp covers and was recorded live in December of 1996 at a show in California.

More than 20 years later, Jack Russell’s Great White is set to release ”Great Zeppelin II: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin”, which features another 14 tracks (on CD, the vinyl omits five songs to fit on a single LP album) of the legendary rock band’s best material.

Four songs appear on both releases, although the new tribute album from Jack Russell’s Great White was recorded in the studio, instead of live, after the band had trouble with its mobile recording setup.

“It’s live in the studio, but it was going to be a live album — like a live concert,” Russell said. “But unfortunately we had a lot of technical issues with our recording equipment, and we couldn’t get the recording to work right.

So, you know, we had three shows that we did and none of them came out quality enough to use for the album, so we decided to do it live in the studio, under controlled conditions. We knew that when you push record, it’s going to record.”

Joining Russell in Jack Russell’s Great White are guitarist Robby Lachner, bassist Dan McNay, and drummer Dicki Fliszar. Michael Olivieri isn’t a full-time band member but helped out on the album of Zep covers.

Lachner does a fine job handling the Jimmy Page guitar solos while Russell plays the role of Robert Plant in his very own way, very Great White-ish.

While it would be a stretch to call ”Great Zeppelin II” an essential album, fans of Great White and/or Led Zeppelin may find it an enjoyable addition to their collections. The songs are played well, sung well, and done with a lot of respect for the original source material.

Our favorites from this collection are “The Rover,” “Trampled Underfoot,” “Kashmir,” and “Misty Mountain Hop,” but they’re all fun songs and good cover versions.

Highly Recommended

Tracklist

01 – Whole Lotta Love
02 – Good Times, Bad Times
03 – Misty Mountain Hop
04 – Dancin’ Days
05 – No Quarter
06 – Kashmir
07 – Houses of the Holy
08 – Trampled Underfoot
09 – Moby Dick
10 – The Rover
11 – Stairway to Heaven
12 – Heartbreaker
13 – Livin’ Lovin’ Maid
14 – Communication Breakdown

Jack Russell – vocals
Robby Lachner, Michael Olivieri – guitar
Dan McNay – bass
Dicki Fliszar – drums

Pre order:
www.amazon.com/Great-Zeppelin-II-Tribute-Led/dp/B096YMFN6K

Edited by AlphaMale

I'm just not a huge tribute album fan... a cover here and there, love it. A whole album though... from the same artist, when I can just listen to the originals, I dunno man. Not my thing.

16 minutes ago, auslander said:

I'm just not a huge tribute album fan... a cover here and there, love it. A whole album though... from the same artist, when I can just listen to the originals, I dunno man. Not my thing.

I'm with ya! If I want to hear Zep, I want to hear them.