Sign in to follow this  
AustinPaul

Fairly new band I haven't seen mentioned on this site

For all of you into harmonizing rock bands you may want to check out Highly Suspect.  I just recently found them on Spotify.  These kids rock!

After listening to them does anyone have any suggestions for bands that have that same type of sound?

Sounds a bit like Danko Jones. From what I've heard, so far. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• This band does absolutely ZERO for me.
    • Love it!  Very new-breed DRN... I don't normally dig that type of thing from my favorite 80's bands, but I'm good with it here.  Once again, Daiker is all over this one. Look at Mel slide into everyone of those notes on bass.  Dude is SOOOOOOOOOOOO damn good.  Such a shame he's virtually unknown outside Portland, Oregon (and a those of you in-the-know for this type of music).
    • The guitar-work is great.  I think it's a pretty decent cover. Look, I've been a HUGE fan since 1983, so you'll be hard-pressed to get me to say anything negative about this band.  Those of you who weren't around to see them on the Pyromania and Hysteria tours... God I feel badly for you.  "Top of their game" is a HUGE understatement.  The Beatles of my era for sure.
    • Only point I was looking to make was that I agreed with the prior post above which had mentioned being frustrated that the guys hadn't put out many new releases over the last 15 years and that it may be beneficial to work with a better producer again.  Your follow up post pointed to the time between their earlier releases being similar and I responded to explain how I felt that was different, no worries though, we just see things differently
    • Inglorious indicated a few months ago that they had finished recording the songs for their third album, hinted as being heavier than their prior releases, which should be released via Frontiers in February 2019.  The first song/video from the upcoming album is out now https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/inglorious-say-heavier-third-album-is-done-and-reveal-release-date/    
    • From 84 (the year after Pyromania) until 99 they released 4 studio albums, yes, but from 2000 until 2015 they released 3 studio albums, not 2. Not really that much difference. They also released the covers album, so that was pretty much the same level of output. They still continue to tour regularly and had issues such as Campbells cancer scare and recovery from that, plus the musical landscape is vastly different to that first time scale you mention.   Really not sure what your point is here?      
    • Uh...it doesn't sound bad.  Not as raw as the original and I think that hurts this version. But...if you're gonna do a cover, get the lyrics right.  "It's the eye of the tiger, it's the dream of the fight?"  Uh... no.
    • Damn good album...Has moved up my list also. I think as of now my top 4 are probably: Kissin' Dynamite Shiraz Lane Treat Maverick I'm not even bothering listing #5 as I'm saving a spot in the top 5 for Midnite City....Almost expecting that it'll slot in at either #1 or #2. And probably a good chance Nordic Union pushes the list also. Another release I'm really digging is Hearts On Fire.  Not officially out yet but have been listening to it for a month or so from doing a premium pre order.  Not quite making my top 5 but probably in the 6-8 range at the moment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.