Too close To Touch

Gotthardline

Man, sad new about these guys which I'd missed at the time;

On March 26, 2022, lead singer Keaton Pierce died at the age of 31 due to complications brought on by acute pancreatitis.

Incredibly sad... so, so young. R.I.P.

Here's a short video from the other two guys in the band, speaking about the new album, 'For Keeps,' which is due for release on 8th of March 2024;

https://www.google.com/search?q=too+close+to+touch+for+keeps&oq=too+close+to+touch+for+keeps&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQIxgnMgYIAhBFGEAyDAgDECMYJxiABBiKBTIPCAQQLhhDGNQCGIAEGIoFMg8IBRAuGEMY1AIYgAQYigUyDAgGEC4YQxiABBiKBTIMCAcQLhhDGIAEGIoF0gEIMzgwNmowajeoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:0acef5e2,vid:3KMqxrolEUE,st:0

So to me it sounds like it's a collection of unreleased recordings from throughout the years brought all together as a final offering from the band. I can only assume that some of this was probably recorded for what would have been their next album/EP when Keaton passed? Either way, this'll be the last we hear of this band, sadly, so looks a must to me.

Here's a recently released track from it - every bit as good as anything else they've recorded. Such an incredibly consistent band;

And after going down a bit of a rabbit hole today, I got fixated on what is arguably the most emotive tune I may have ever heard. Last song on their album, 'Haven't Been Myself.' Amazed I never pinpointed this at the time - maybe because I blacked out with sadness every time I heard it... but what a song;

• My Little Pony

What the fuck? Another band I completely missed back in the day, and just spent a couple hours doing a deep dive. Good stuff.