Not necessarily a bad trader/seller, but certainly not a respected or honorable one either. A while back I purchased a number of items off TPRS from gemm.com. After being assured that the cds were in stock, and having them charge my credit card through gemm and kept the money for over a month, they cancelled my order and said the cds werent in stock. A few days later the same cds appeared on gemm.com again by this seller, but this time with a triple and quadruple jump in price. I assume they knew I had found some cds that were selling real well on ebay and they reneged on our deal, but only after I filed my complaint with gemm.com. Just figured id share it since they're posting now about bad traders.

I will answer this one myself. We have 3 employees, sell on 6 sites (besides our own and GEMM), run another business and have a fulltime job on top of that. There is no way any large volume seller can keep up with catalogs changing daily on Alibris, GEMM, Musicstack, Netsounds, etc. so things will go in and out of stock quite quickly.

Yes, once we sell something for a lower price and find out it is worth more than what we sold it for when we receive another copy we will double to quintuple the price. We got hammered in the past few months on Triple X, Saxon, D'Molls and various other discs that went through the roof in price suddenly.

The people I mentioned are folks who point blank steal money and product from people. We ALWAYS refund someone's money, replaced defective or broken items, and resolved any problem online. We our 99.9% (1 negative from Australia) on eBay, and have a high marks on the other sites for customer service.

Greg

www.tprs.com

Well, Greg, you have your facts all wrong. You see, I gave you my hard earned cash via a credit card. You kept it for over a month. You did not send me the Cds I purchased during that period of time. You refunded (or Gemm made you refund) my money only when *I* complained that the CDs were not sent. Then, you listed the very same CDs again on Gemm, but raised your prices 3 and 4 times respectively... that is simply bad business. I wonder if I didnt say anything to gemm whether you would have ripped me off too. And your reputation on gemm is nothing to be proud of (2 stars out of 5).

I hardly believe you've gotten "hammered" on selling underpriced cds. You are, bar none, the most outrageously expensive pseudo-dealer on the net, and it appears that when one can find a reasonable deal with you, you won't honor it.

Well, your facts are incorrect. We never received a complaint from GEMM and we issued a refund. Our 2 stars out of 5 has nothing to do with quality of our service, it has to do with catalog in stock (which is still 80%), at least get your facts straight.

Our customer service rating is stellar and I would put it up along side /against, Metal Mayhem, Kiss My Disc, LadyMetal, Dave's Metal, VegasMetal or any other hard rock / metal dealer on the Internet all of whom I have purchased items from regardless of the fact that they are direct competitors.

Our prices are based on supply and demand. We do not spend weekends driving around the Northeast, Midwest and South looking for discs and records to sell for less than cost to us. Our attitude has always been and always will be if you don't like our prices, shop somewhere else. At least we are up front about it, always have been and always will be. We're in this business to pay mortgages and feed our families. The whole attitude comes off as cavalier, but every business has the same attitude, but most won't come right out and say it.

The problem we and other dealers have is with people like Manny Comres who virtually singlehandly ruined trading with other people a few years back. Dealing with people trying to switch discs, putting through false chargebacks on PayPal and using stolen credit cards are the biggest problems all dealers face. We choose to carry on regardless as this is the case in any goods related business.

Greg

The Pure Rock Shop