John Prakesh leaves SHAKRA

AlphaMale

Looks like on the eve of the release of their new greatest hits disc "33", Prakesh announced his intention to leave the band.

Pretty sad. I thought their last disc was pretty solid and their discography as a whole is quite stellar.

http://www.shakra.ch/en/news.html

John leaves SHAKRA!

We are saddened by the fact that John has decided to leave us. We are losing an incredibly great singer and bandmember. With his loveable, quiet character, he has given us much pleasure during the past four years.

We unfortunately have to accept his decision, and wish him well for his future !

Now, we’re forced to search for a new singer…

You singers out there, get in touch with us if you wanna commence a new era !
Thom, Thomas, Roger, Dominik

Statement by John :

After many sleepless nights, I realized that SHAKRA is no longer priority No.1 in my life. With mixed feelings I remain today. I’m gonna miss my bandmembers and the whole crew a lot, but I’m also looking forward to what’s coming after my time as a Rocksinger. If and how I’m gonna make music in the future has not yet been dediced.

John

While it is sad to se John leave a band whom are considered as one of the leading popular acts on the scene, i doubt the band will have trouble in filling in the vacant role witha suitable & talented replacement.

I hope Shakra wont be John's sol legacy, it'll be great seeing him fronting other hard rock bands & also putting his voice on other hard rock projects.

Okay, I'm just going to be harsh here and say the only way this band can possibly become decent again is if they go for a different style of vocalist. One that can... and this is a pretty out-there concept... but one that can actually sing, would be nice.

The first dude was still definitely the best and obviously wasn't a great singer himself, but he is the signature voice for the band. Trying to replicate him with bad carbon copies, imo, has failed at every turn and I'd personally just like to see them go with a good singer for once and see where it takes them.

Okay, I'm just going to be harsh here and say the only way this band can possibly become decent again is if they go for a different style of vocalist. One that can... and this is a pretty out-there concept... but one that can actually sing, would be nice.

The first dude was still definitely the best and obviously wasn't a great singer himself, but he is the signature voice for the band. Trying to replicate him with bad carbon copies, imo, has failed at every turn and I'd personally just like to see them go with a good singer for once and see where it takes them.

That's why I would love for Pete to come back. He was their best singer by far.

• 1 year later...

Looks like Mark Fox is back in the band:

SHAKRA – VOCALIST MARK FOX REJOINS BAND; RELEASE SINGLE “HELLO”

562179FA-shakra-vocalist-mark-fox-rejoin

Mark Fox is back together with Swiss hard rockers Shakra. Chris von Rohr said the following after former singer John Prakesh left the band in early 2014: “Let’s bring back together what belongs together”.

That being said, it took a while till the early disputes had been put aside but in late summer of 2014 it was clear to everyone that it’s time to do it again.

Since that point of time, the whole band shed blood, sweat and tears to finish their new album High Noon which will be out on January 29, 2016.

ShakraHighNoon.jpg

Shakra have signed with Universal Music for Switzerland while AFM will continue to release their albums in the rest of the world.

Shakra - Hello (offical video)
As promised, here's the new single and video "Hello" from the upcoming Shakra album "High Noon", out on January 29th! Pre order the album and get the song immediately: http://smarturl.it/Shakra_iTunes

Posted by AFM Records on Friday, October 16, 2015