Mitch Malloy - Van Halen's Lost Boy

Mullethead

Wow...what could have been. This would have been so much better than the Cherone album. Listen to the only finished track from their writing together. This whole thing is great, especially if you are fans of either.

The album would not really have been any better because the music would have been the same. Gary just wrote lyrics to what Ed/Al had on them...no rearranging, no changing...just wrote over existing music/arrangements...Malloy would have had to do the same thing.

Also, I find it funny that Mitch and Gary tell the same story about them thinking they were "IN" the band when they saw the MTV thing...how could they both think that at the same time?

The album would not really have been any better because the music would have been the same. Gary just wrote lyrics to what Ed/Al had on them...no rearranging, no changing...just wrote over existing music/arrangements...Malloy would have had to do the same thing.

Also, I find it funny that Mitch and Gary tell the same story about them thinking they were "IN" the band when they saw the MTV thing...how could they both think that at the same time?

Same music or different Malloy would have made the album better. I didn't hate III anyway but Mitch is fantastic and a nice guy.

I also believe the album would have been different anyway. Some songs would have been better fit for Mitch than Gary. No one knows how it would have gone down or if songs would have changed. That would just be speculation.

I see no reason for him to lie about the story. He was respectful of the band when speaking of them.