Free Iced Earth MP3 Download

Fat Freddy

Wanna hear what Iced Earth sounds like with new vocalist Stu Block (ex-Into Eternity)? Sure you do. The band has a free MP3 available on their site of a newly re-recorded version of "Dante's Inferno" (from the BURNT OFFERINGS album) with Stu on vox. Check it, yo:

http://www.icedearth.com/DantesInfernoFREE.mp3

Listening right now and it sounds pretty sweet. Stu's possibly a bit more "snarly" than Barlow was but overall it doesn't sound radically different from Matt's version.

Sounds pretty good to Me.. LONG fuckin song though

Yeah, when I read that they'd redone "Dante's Inferno," I was like "Geez, Schaffer's a f*ckin bastard. He couldn't give the new guy one of their shorter songs to break him in, NO, he's gotta make the poor guy do a 17 minute track." :lol:

Sounds pretty good to Me.. LONG fuckin song though

Yeah, when I read that they'd redone "Dante's Inferno," I was like "Geez, Schaffer's a f*ckin bastard. He couldn't give the new guy one of their shorter songs to break him in, NO, he's gotta make the poor guy do a 17 minute track." :lol:

Yea NO shit.. Asshole..... :rofl2:

I might be alone but I'm not crazy about his voice.

To much growling.

He was growlier on his stuff with Into Eternity. When they first announced he was gonna be the new Iced Earth singer, I checked out some of their stuff on YouTube and was like "Aww crap, they got a f*ckin WOOOOARRRRGH guy," but I was pretty pleased with the "Dante's" re-do.

I might be alone but I'm not crazy about his voice.

To much growling.

He was growlier on his stuff with Into Eternity. When they first announced he was gonna be the new Iced Earth singer, I checked out some of their stuff on YouTube and was like "Aww crap, they got a f*ckin WOOOOARRRRGH guy," but I was pretty pleased with the "Dante's" re-do.

I also checked out some of his Into Eternity stuff and yes way to growly.

I guess I was used to Matt or Ripper so any growling is to much for me.

I'll probably still buy the cd when it comes out and I might like it but hope he doesn't growl to much.

I'll probably still buy the cd when it comes out and I might like it but hope he doesn't growl to much.

Stu's closer to Barlow than Ripper which is a good thing IMO. The only complaint I have is that he doesn't seem to have the same sense of drama/theatricality to his voice that Barlow did.

Stu's closer to Barlow than Ripper which is a good thing IMO. The only complaint I have is that he doesn't seem to have the same sense of drama/theatricality to his voice that Barlow did.

Barlow did have that.

Everyone complains about Horror Show but I've always loved that album and Matt's voice and as you put it the "Drama" that he adds makes everything so much better. You're right Stu is much closer to Matt but still not really that close. Personally I loved both albums Ripper did with IE but still when I think of IE I think of Barlow's voice.

• 1 month later...

I just got the deluxe edition of the new album and I have to say it's pretty fucking good and if you're a fan of the Barlow era you'll love it. It fits right in with the Dark Saga and Something Wicked releases. "Anthem" might be on of the best IE songs ever. I can totally hear thousands of metal heads singing along to that one in Europe.

• 2 months later...

I just got the deluxe edition of the new album and I have to say it's pretty fucking good and if you're a fan of the Barlow era you'll love it. It fits right in with the Dark Saga and Something Wicked releases. "Anthem" might be on of the best IE songs ever. I can totally hear thousands of metal heads singing along to that one in Europe.

I still feel the same way about this. Great album. :headbanger: