New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS

Fat Freddy

Didn't even know this band had a new album on the way... looks like it was announced around Christmas time. The news must've gotten lost amidst all the holiday hoopla. Cool news either way, though it would be cooler if James Rivera was still on vox.

viciousrumorsrazorbackk-300x300.jpg

Vicious Rumors have inked a deal with Steamhammer/SPV for the world (except Japan) who will release the band's new CD "Razorback Killer" worldwide in March 2011.

Vicious Rumors is very excited to have Mark McGee return to the band on guitar for 2 songs in a very special reunion on this new CD. Geoff and Mark trading solos and doing harmonies in the studio just like the old days!

Vicious Rumors was honored to have Brad Gillis (Nightranger, Ozzy) make a guest appearance for a blazing solo. Just when you thought you were safe Eric Peterson (Testament) records a wicked harmony and shred solo on the the killer track 'Murderball'. With these songs and the new "old" logo Vicious Rumors keeps the ball rolling!!!

Songs like 'Razorback Blade' (a speed metal anthem), 'Deal with the Devil' and 'All I Want Is You' are classic VICIOUS RUMORS. The thrashing 'Axe to Grind' and 'Murderbal' are pure power. The album was produced by Geoff Thorpe for GTM Worldwide and Juan Urteaga of Trident Studios (Machine Head, Ted Nugent, Nightranger).

Have anyone heard the singer?

I just checked out some samples of his other band LAST EMPIRE on CDBaby and ummm....wow. They were...not good. :yikes:

I guess vocally the guy sounds OK but WOW the band is pretty lame. Hopefully the VR material will be stronger/better produced!!

If you're curious, give New Guy a listen here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lastempire09

Excellent, hopefully this means the band will tour this year, as I really need to see them live. Also hoping they put out some new song samples soon. :headbanger:

I've been trying to locate some samples of the new VR to post, but so far all I've found is an absolutely terrible quality live bootleg clip on YouTube of them playing the title track at some festival, and it was impossible to judge if the song was good or not from such a crappy source.

Have anyone heard the singer?

I just checked out some samples of his other band LAST EMPIRE on CDBaby and ummm....wow. They were...not good. :yikes:

I guess vocally the guy sounds OK but WOW the band is pretty lame. Hopefully the VR material will be stronger/better produced!!

If you're curious, give New Guy a listen here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lastempire09

I see what you mean. The sound was rubbish, especially the drums, but the singer might be good in VR. He has a very high pitch voice. Let's wait and see,,,

I heard about this, and yes I AM Interested.. But a lil worried too.. Without Jamers Rivera on vox, is it worth it??? :unsure:

Ehh, they should be OK without Rivera...he only did the WARBALL record with'em anyway. They've been playing Musical Chairs with the vocalist slot ever since Carl Albert died in the mid '90s.

• 1 month later...

I've seen a few reviews of this one, most are positive. One of my favourite Heavy Metal sites, metal-rules.com, seems to like it, which is good news: Metal Rules review

Is anyone else thinking about going to see them at the Camden Underworld in London on 24 May?