Your Top "Rock 'N' Roll Road Trips"?

Hey everybody,

I was wondering about everyone on here who has traveled for a concert or some other music experience. There's got to be a few good stories! :headbanger:

Here's my top 5:

1. 1983 US Festival (Metal Day of course!) Glen Helen, California - Thanks Dad for letting me borrow the car!!! Eating chili and drinking beer with some Marines from Camp Pendleton and their girlfriends in the dirt parking lot the night before the show was awesome. :git:

2. Rolling Stones, Heart & George Thorogood (Boulder, Colorado 1981) - 16th birthday present from my super cool parents. Thought a family member had died when Dad pulled me out of school. He instead handed me a plane ticket and a packed bag. Hung out and saw show with my brother, cousin Susie and her roommate.

3. Journey Hollywood Walk Of Fame Ceremony and Concert 2005 - Did NOT expect Steve Perry to show up to the ceremony. Way more fans showed up than I was expecting (cops had to close off the street). Stood next to Dan Aykroyd for most of the concert.

4. Seattle/Tacoma 2006 (Paul Stanley solo show, Frank Black unplugged show, Experience Music Project museum and Jimi Hendrix grave site among other things)

5. "A Week Of Queensryche" 1994 (Las Vegas, Phoenix & Tucson; 3 shows in 4 days; backstage meet and greet at the Tucson show)

Now Playing: Surgin' - self-titled

www.wishingwellonline.com

www.facebook.com/Roger.Pamachena

1. Kix at Edwards No8's in Birmingham.

Me and a mate went on a coach and ended up getting to Birmingham about midday so we had ages to spend out and about. Found the venue and the roadies were there and were over the moon to see someone in a Kix shirt. All the pubs were rubbish like big barns with bars at the end. We found one called the Queen Anne or Queen Victoria. I went to the bar and a bloke already there asked for a pint in a mans glass and added "I shouldn't say that in here should I"....didn't ring any alarm bells.

The barman had a tight muscle t-shirt on .... no alarm bells.

Then I wanted a leak and asked the barman where the toilets were and he told me in a very effeminate voice where they were....no alarm bells rang!

I came out of the bogs and my mate Steve was white...there were two blokes kissing each other....he's like "Let's get outta here". Me...I always put beer first..."It's the 1st decent pub we've found and it's your round get the beers in!"

Then at the venue Steve went missing and I found him completely smashed....pissing against the wall in a corridor in the place!!!

2. Aerosmith Sheffield arena Get a Grip Tour.

I treated my mate 'evvy and his wife to free tickets as I'd split up with a girlfriend a few weeks before and had spares. So me and Evvs grab a couple of bottles of Thunderbird his wife takes the steering wheel and the journey begins. We finished our bottles just as we pulled into the car park .... perfect. Now Evvs was...and still is partial to a bit of weed, and I wasn't too bothered ...I'd have the ocassional smoke, but the place was crawling with cops. So he said lets sit in the car and smoke it. So there we were the 3 of us puffing away for about 20 minutes. Eventually we decided to go to a pub near the venue, we got out of the car and the smoke poured out...it looked like a fire. We shut the doors quick and the smoke was so thick you couldn't see in!!! The cops musta been asleep!

3. Aerosmith - Wembley Toxic Twin Towers Ball.

Great coach trip ..... just a right laugh, me Steve, Joanne, Pete and others. Went to the pub, missed The Black Crowes (much to Jo's annoyance), Stereophonics....they died a death, Lenny Kravitz got the place rocking again. The weather was perfect.

4. Aerosmith - Birmingham NEC.

Me (driving), Steve and Spooner. Left after the gig and I hold my hand out say "Hmmmm felt some rain"....not a cloud in the sky...it was from a HUGE fountain next to where I was stood....Hilarity at my expense. Half a minute later I walk straight into a bollard ...right in the nuts.....Hilarity at my expense part 2. Burning rubber to get back home as the landlord of the local said he'd keep the pub open late for us....Spooner was desperate for a pee but we wouldn't stop, we'd loose too much time.........he ended up climbing into the back of the estate and peeing into a petrol can. I forgot and ended up emptying it out about 6 months later....yeeeeshh!

5. Stryper - Hammersmith Apollo

About 15 of us from the Banshee and Rock World went down ... great day, Cd hunting, beers, mate caught a Stryper bible, on the way back the train got stuck at Stafford for about 2 hours. But had a right laugh!

6 Aerosmith - Hammersmith Odeon Get a Grip tour.

First Aerosmith date in the U.K. for years, everyone was there Brian May and his bird off Eastenders, David Coverdale (who got up on stage with 'em) hanging round the mixing desk, loads of minor celebs like Hansome Mick Ransome of the tattoed Love Boys e.t.c. My mate tried passing his bands demo to John Kalodner.

7 Donnington - ermmmm...Whitesnake headlined Aerosmith support.

Super memorable as me and Spooner went down there, another great day weather wise. Could'nt be arsed watching Whitesnake and we went to the coach park and started up a game of football which just involved me and him kicking about a ball we found, by the time Whitesnake had finished there must have been about 50 people kicking this ball around....what a riot!