Jorn Lande

metaltrekman

Its at Frontiers and on Jorns website. The info has been released. There was mention of the CD many months ago by Tore Moren. Im guessing that it has been completed for a while and Frontiers has decided it is the proper time to release it.

Anyone that knows Jorn, knows he has the utmost respect for Ronnie. As he does ANY artist he chooses to do covers from. He sings these songs from the heart. I truly believe it. He looks up to them as much as we do.

Im looking very much forward to this great Tribute CD. The CD cover Kicks Ass!! :headbanger:

jorndio.jpg

And this is from Frontiers"

"Powerhouse Norwegian vocalist Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ARK, THE SNAKES) will honor the musical legacy of Ronnie James Dio with his new album, aptly entitled "Dio", to be released on July 2 in Europe and July 27 in the U.S. via Frontiers Records.

Handpicking some lesser known tunes of the Dio era, along with some of the true classics, Jorn offers a fine collection of songs that present the music of the man and the artist, with a unique twist.

Commented Lande: "Throughout the years I have had the privilege of both meeting and working with many of the musicians that have inspired me on my musical journey. Ronnie James Dio has inspired me through decades, and this man's influence continues to add colour to my creative spirit. Ever since the first time I heard his royal roar back in the '70s, I have been fascinated by this extremely talented man's creative force and dedication to music. His career has been going on for so long and includes so many great songs that it was a challenge to decide which songs and what era to focus on. I ended up focusing on the Dio era."

"Dio" will also include an original song for which a video, shot by Thomas Tjader (PRETTY MAIDS, IN FLAMES), was produced. Jorn says, "I wrote 'Song for Ronnie James' as a tribute and a personal thanks to the man who has been my mentor for more than 35 years. This great man has affected my life and career in such a way that without his presence, I would not have become the artist I am today."

The "Song for Ronnie James" video can be viewed below.

"Dio" was mixed by Tommy Hansen at Jailhouse Studios and it features the following tracks:

01. Song For Ronnie James

02. Invisible

03. Shame on the Night

04. Push

05. Stand Up And Shout

06. Don't Talk to Strangers

07. Lord Of The Last Day

08. Night People

09. Sacred Heart

10. Sunset Superman

11. Lonely Is The Word / Letters From Earth (2010 version)

12. Kill The King

13. Straight Through The Heart (live)

14. Song For Ronnie James (video)

JORN is:

Jorn Lande: Lead Vocals

Willy Bendiksen: Drums

Tore Moren: Guitar

Jgor Gianola: Guitar

Tor Erik Myhre: Guitar

Nic Angileri: Bass"