CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED

Fat Freddy

Surprised there hasn't been any yap about this new band round here yet. Charred Walls of the Damned is a new combo assembled by former Iced Earth/current Howard Stern stooge Richard Christy (drums), with Tim "Ripper" Owens on vox. Intense!! Kinda sounds like a death metal band with a power metal vocalist. Steve DiGiorgio of Sadus/Testament/etc. kicks in on bass. Not sure who the guitarist is and I'm too lazy to go find out right now. :lol:

"Ghost Story"

What sayest thou? The CD is out this week on Metal Blade I believe.

How long is that fuckin' hose??? :blink:

:rofl: I was wondering the same thing.

Seriously tho, this is some pretty insane stuff. I'm interested in hearing more. If they had a typical growly guy on vocals they'd sound just like any other run-of-the-mill death metal/core band but Ripper's vox sound great on top of the uber-brutal music.

Terrible band name though. Seriously, "Charred Walls of the Damned?" How do they expect to fit all that on the front of a tour shirt? :lol:

Wekll Damn... Ole Ripper is one of the hardest working Men in METAL now isn't He?? I am DIGGING this!! Yea the music sounded like run of the mill death metal, but without the cookie monster vocals, which is always a good thing!!! :headbanger:

I will have to hear more of these guys.. Definitely...... :beerbang: