Mountain Of Power

Dave

Will certainly be looking into this one......Really want to hear the Rory Gallagher - Bad Penny cover !!!!

These guys play with awesome power so it along with a few others could be very interesting indeed !!!!!

MOPDigipackCover252.jpg

1. URBAN GUERILLA (SAMMY HAGAR)

2. CHECKING OUT / SISTER MADNESS (OZZ)

3. MAKIN' MAGIC / MAKES NO DIFFERENCE (PAT TRAVERS)

4. REASONS LOVE / THIS KIDS (UFO)

5. TALKIN' 'BOUT A FEELING (FRANK MARINO)

6. MONKEY (TRAPEZE)

7. BEDROOM THANG (ZZ TOP)

8. DEADLY WEAPON (TRIGGER)

9. STRUCK DOWN / 25 HOURS A DAY (Y&T)

10. MONEY (WHATCHA GONNA DO) (LESLIE WEST)

11. BAD PENNY (RORY GALLAGHER)

12. WAVES (RESURRECTION BAND)

13. INDIAN DAWN (ULI ROTH)

14. I STAND ALONE (BLACKFOOT)

Sounds interesting....I'll give them a listen when I get home....

http://www.myspace.com/mountainofpower

Joe at Grooveyard Records has told me the samples should be available later today or tomorrow but unfortunately the cover of Bad Penny was not one of them chosen :crying:

Grooveyard Records - Mountain Of Power - Volume Two Samples

The samples will also be up soon for the new Blindside Blues Band and Craig Erickson releases as well :tumbsup:

Grooveyard Records Samples

MOP21fix252.jpg This is their first album and the samples.

*THE TRAX*

1. IN FOR THE KILL (BUDGIE)

2. DREAMS OF MILK & HONEY (MOUNTAIN)

3. BLACK TRAIN (MONTROSE)

4. UNCLE NED (POINT BLANK)

5. BLACK MAGIC (MARCUS)

6. OUT OF THE DARKNESS (MOXY)

7. SITTING BY THE POOL (DERRINGER)

8. FANTASY (CAPTAIN BEYOND)

9. ONE OF A KIND (WIRELESS)

10. CRAZY (STRAY DOG)

11. LET THAT LIZARD LOOSE (GODDO)

12. LOVE ROCK (NEON ROSE)

13. TOMORROW OR YESTERDAY (SAMSON)

14. MOUNTAIN OF POWER (MOUNTAIN OF POWER)

Amazon Samples - Mountain Of Power Volume one

Review

Grooveyard Records is a label that claims to be a label dedicated to outstanding TOTAL GUITAR music from around the world, and this disc shoves that theory right down your throat. Swedish guitar wiz Janne Stark of Locomotive Breath and Grooveyard proprietor Joe Romagnola have assembled a set of obscure 70 s guitar rock anthems that scream with an intensity unmatched in today s music world. The track listing alone is impressive and demands a respectful tip of the cap. With songs from underground legends such as Budgie, Point Blank, Captain Beyond and Samson, Stark and Romagnola prove that they are students of the game. These tunes were dug from the precious soil of 70 s hard rock, and they weren t found lying on the surface either; these guys dug deep to find great songs that were worthy of modern representation. Seeing songs from Rick Derringer and Moxy on the track listing was something that had me respecting them instantly, but actually hearing their amazing renditions of these songs was something astonishing. Most of the material here is animalistic; primal and vicious. Like a rabid dog these tracks come running at you full force. The impressive thing with this disc is how it still remains structured and precise while it rips your head apart. It never gets out of control and wanders. As wild and untamed as these songs are, Stark plays his guitar with a sense of melody and an attention to song detail that never falters. With songs like Samson s Tomorrow Or Yesterday demanding a steady rhythm, nothing is lost when Stark starts to explode with guitar fireworks. The poise and class of this band is really quite phenomenal. Whether it is the dual harmony leads of Stray Dog s Crazy or the Rainbow-tinged spirit of Montrose s Black Train, Mountain Of Power captures the heart and soul of each piece and delivers a blast of guitar fury that will please even the pickiest guitar rock fan. I can t even remember the last time I heard anyone tear into guitar solos like th --Scott "Dr. Music" Itter (2.07)