GLAMOUR PUNKS

SUICIDE

Anyone get this yet? What is the barcode to this?

It is on Demon Doll Records and the info seen about this release claims it is 'Silver-Pressed'.

BUT... If the barcode starts with 810270, It will only be a 'Diamond Silver Bottom CD-R' from 'CD Poster Shop' once again. :doh:

Can not play CD-Rs on my stereos so have to double check this before I purchase CDs these days for USD 14.99 plus postage.

So far I have not been able to purchase any of the glam releases on Demon Doll Records.

Ok. Thanks for info when you get it. Curious to see if it is really a proper 'Silver-Pressed' CD as claimed.

Same thing goes for SWINGIN' THING 'The Black List' I wanted to get that one also it was claimed to be 'Silver-Pressed' but did not because it has the barcode from the CD manufacturer I mentioned. And... They do not make 'Silver-Pressed', just 'Silver-Bottom CD-R'.

Disappointing. :bigboom: I do not want a CD-R if it is one. I have about 30 Glamour Punks on MP3. Do not need a CD-R of these same songs.

Ok. Thanks for info when you get it. Curious to see if it is really a proper 'Silver-Pressed' CD as claimed.

Same thing goes for SWINGIN' THING 'The Black List' I wanted to get that one also it was claimed to be 'Silver-Pressed' but did not because it has the barcode from the CD manufacturer I mentioned. And... They do not make 'Silver-Pressed', just 'Silver-Bottom CD-R'.

Disappointing. :bigboom: I do not want a CD-R if it is one. I have about 30 Glamour Punks on MP3. Do not need a CD-R of these same songs.

totally agree! who the fuck needs an cd-r disc?

When I got Alleycat Scratch two rleases through DD I was less than impressed. I know that these were put out by Robbie. The quality of inlays was poor.

You'll need to give me pointers on spotting the CDr so I can tell you.

If the quality of the GP samples I've heard is anything to go by compared to the best version of these anyone has out there then I'll be happy anyway.

If this one sells well, its possible another GP CD will see the light of day.

This might be too technical but it matters for anyone who really wants a 'replicated CD' rather than 'duplicated CD-R'.

OK. First, the CD barcode (If it is a CD-R from CD POSTER SHOP) will start with 810270. Second, It will be a Diamond Silver Bottom CD-R. Usually closer in appearance to a proper 'Silver-Pressed' CD but at times very slightly darker. A 'Silver-Pressed' CD bottom viewed under an LED light (or most close lighting) will have a hazy matte finish look and the light spectrum reflected off the CD bottom will be a subdued rainbow. CD-R light spectrum reflected is usually a blinding rainbow and will not have such a matte finish hazy look because of the dye used on CD-Rs. Third, the on disc artwork from CD Poster Shop is thermal printed, not process printed or silkscreened.

Fourth, even more techincal, is on a proper CD, if viewed at the correct angle under light, you can see the audio tracks separated by silent sectors more clearly than a CD-R usually.

Finally, this is some wording taken from the CD Poster Shop website FAQ:

Do you use real CDs? ( I guess someone wanted to know if the CDs are 'Silver-Pressed'. Some of the bold statements are abit misleading it seems to me but the last states they do not 'Silver-Press'.)

All short run CDs are duplicated on CD-Rs. The CDs we use are duplicated. This means they are CD-Rs. Replicated CDs are mistakenly referred to as "real" or "retail ready" when in fact those are not correct statements. CD-Rs are still real, and retail ready only means it has a barcode and is shrink wrapped for retail sales. Commonly it is very difficult for a novice to tell the difference between a replicated and duplicated CD used with modern equipment. A replicated CD is a pressed CD made from injection molded plastic. Duplicated CDs are burned. Diamond Prodisc media has a silver bottom and is preferred by musicians due the replicated look.

If having a replicated CD is very important to you then you will have to find a company that replicates their CDs. These are only cost effective in a run of 1000. You can commonly find a run of 1000 discs for a few dollars more than a run of 300. 300 CDs that are replicated are just is not worth the cost (usually runs close to $1000 for base price.)

... You'll need to give me pointers on spotting the CDr so I can tell you....

• 4 weeks later...