where's MC Blade?

Guest Patsy

I thought this was gonna be one of those "where's waldo?" kinda things! But rather than "where's MC?" more importantly I'd think is who's MC Blade? Honestly....I've never heard of 'em! :blink:

Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/MC-Blade-Step-Into-The...id=p3286.c0.m14

I guess, "Patsy" wanted to check out, what the record's worth...

I thought this was gonna be one of those "where's waldo?" kinda things! But rather than "where's MC?" more importantly I'd think is who's MC Blade? Honestly....I've never heard of 'em! :blink:

ahhaha....i'm assuming also that some of these hot boy etc sellers were looking here as well...do you have this vinyl of "glam/goth" ralph?ahahaha....

patsy, i'm giving you $377.77 for an original iron cross(with the ex UK prime minister on drums),by the way. and i'll stop buying vinyls.

ahhaha....i'm assuming also that some of these hot boy etc sellers were looking here as well...do you have this vinyl of "glam/goth" ralph?ahahaha....

patsy, i'm giving you $377.77 for an original iron cross(with the ex UK prime minister on drums),by the way. and i'll stop buying vinyls.

Hi Geo

Very "glam/goth" indeed! I don't have it in front of me but stored in my collection between Mayhem (US) and Medieval Steel...

Are you talking about the Florida Iron Cross? Not that superb imho but obscure as hell and even more expensive. I'm glad I don't have to look for this anymore...

Hi Geo

Very "glam/goth" indeed! I don't have it in front of me but stored in my collection between Mayhem (US) and Medieval Steel...

Are you talking about the Florida Iron Cross? Not that superb imho but obscure as hell and even more expensive. I'm glad I don't have to look for this anymore...

ha, i stored it yesterday. how much do you want for iron cross?it's a crappy one. definately you won't need this.only killen is worse than this. $400? and i'll never look for US vinyls again.

Hi Geo

ha, i stored it yesterday. how much do you want for iron cross?it's a crappy one. definately you won't need this.only killen is worse than this. $400? and i'll never look for US vinyls again.

Sorry, I'm selling a lot but this one will stay in my collection. It's like many other so called "rare" records or cds: the price paid for usually is in no relation to the musical content (there are very few exceptions like the Image EP or the Slauter Xstroyes LP). But this is the curse all mad collectors do suffer of... :crazy:

Hi Geo

Sorry, I'm selling a lot but this one will stay in my collection. It's like many other so called "rare" records or cds: the price paid for usually is in no relation to the musical content (there are very few exceptions like the Image EP or the Slauter Xstroyes LP). But this is the curse all mad collectors do suffer of... :crazy:

haha, so you really believe that i.cross and killen are crap?

Hi Geo

You are a heretic! :P

I know so many people who wouldn't understand someone calling Iron Cross or Killen (just as IC not crap, but very average and definitely not worth the many $$$ I paid for) crap.

But hey, isn't it much easier to say: "I have 4000 rare records in my collection that are all everlasting classics of heavy metal history" than being honest and admitting: "I spent a fortune on mediocre records to which I hardly ever listen to and that I wouldn't buy ever again but the desire and the smell of the hunt at the time was just too strong"

You know, instead of telling the truth and admitting that they bought shitty vinyls these people will always tell you how outstanding these records are. Self treason is very familiar with record collectors I guess :whistle:

Plus they will ask insane prices for these shitty vinyls... :hammer:

Hi Geo

You are a heretic! :P

I know so many people who wouldn't understand someone calling Iron Cross or Killen (just as IC not crap, but very average and definitely not worth the many $$$ I paid for) crap.

But hey, isn't it much easier to say: "I have 4000 rare records in my collection that are all everlasting classics of heavy metal history" than being honest and admitting: "I spent a fortune on mediocre records to which I hardly ever listen to and that I wouldn't buy ever again but the desire and the smell of the hunt at the time was just too strong"

You know, instead of telling the truth and admitting that they bought shitty vinyls these people will always tell you how outstanding these records are. Self treason is very familiar with record collectors I guess :whistle:

Plus they will ask insane prices for these shitty vinyls... :hammer:

ha, sorry but i disagree with you.after all you love centaurus :christmas: i worship both these records. killen didn't cost me nothing(one crappy death ss single ) after years and years of searching. a friend of mine told me that iron cross was a thrash band and i was in contact with their drummer. and thus i didn't take a copy of this baby. the drummer instead gave it to the usual "guru" in hellion records. who then sold it in ebay for crappy 100 euros. when i got the OPM reissue i was blown away. i could only discuss that the unreleased stuff is better. but then only iron cross can be better than iron cross :tumbsup: .

ha, i only have round 1500+(counting and the singles). only quality my friend, only quality. :tumbsup: i don't have raven bitch, metal merhants and sabotage, for example but neither i'm looking for them. i've listened to all of them into the house of a greek buddy(editor of one of the best zines ever) and i never liked them and i never looked for them.same case like mezmerist which is the nowadays trend in the collecting mafia :tumbsup:

i could just close my eyes, pick a vinyl from the shelves, grab a beer and let the lead goes on forever(now who's the guy behind this phrase? :christmas: )

Hey, don't excuse yourself for not agreeing with me. That's absolutely ok. What would this world be boring if everbody liked the same music, wouldn't it?

Just to make this clear: I wasn't talking about me ("4000 records" etc.). I have no problem to say that a record I bought wasn't worth the amount. But it still is a part of my collection and will stay there.

And by the way: I love The Mezmerist! :bowdown: But what did you expect of a Manilla Road fan? :headbanger::headbanger:

ha,manilla is my 2nd all time favorite band, but still you can't judge an ep with a band with huge catalog and various periods. the mezmerist has one good track and some nice dark atmosphere but overall not my cup of tea. even these eastern scales didn't do justice to them, coz they're not so well played. but surely, from a collector's point of view is a great one. godly cover and rare. if i could find it cheap, i would grab it. i already recieved an offer from the guy who got the last copy from ebay :christmas: perhaps i could do this also as a part-time job. i know that an old "rawker" has 2-3 boxes of them.

edit: did you find the yellow avatar?

you can't judge an ep with a band with huge catalog and various periods

That's true. But it's mainly due to musical reasons that some bands got record deals back in the days and some didn't. And it's also due to musical reasons that bands like Manilla Road or Pentagram as well (I'm looking forward to see them live in october together with Trouble - hope it works!) are still active after more than 30 years.

Why did bands like Armored Saint, Vicious Rumors, Metallica, Slayer or Overkill get record deals 25 years ago? Because they were gooood! And because they were talented. And because they were smart. And because they had the luck to be at the right place at the right time.

There are exceptions, but not too many