• 2024 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2024.

16% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • New song 'Taking The Fall'.    
    • I think these songs are my favorites.      
    • Load/ReLoad syndrome. A double album with a few great songs each that could have been condensed into one terrific album. Oh well...
    • I downloaded the eps from a torrent. I suggest using a VPN when downloading anything from a torrent. 
    • Don't get all the hhate for Megalomanium. The Hardest Part Is Losing You - absolute killer song Got It! - is a great song, but I get why it wouldn't resonate with others Anthem - love the vibe opf this song. Aptly named Other keepers off the album Children Of The Night Hearts Collide The Broken One Step Closer To You Forgiven  
    • Yeah haven't found anywhere to watch it..and I'm not paying a sub for a month to Paramount+ for 3 eps  
    • In terms of the time thing, I often find myself just dropping something quick to have the thrill of something new to listen to the following day in my car at work. I just thought of the first two lines of this chorus in the shower last night, and penned the song (kind of, on my way to unexpected sleep) in about 20mins afterwards. And that's how I find I mostly do it these days. 9/10 times they're pretty throwaway songs and I definitely find the most "worthwhile" songs actually resonate in some way with you... but every now and then one of the "throw-away" ones come out pretty cool. Though this was pretty irritable, to be fair.  I penned this one and then typed in 5 different prompt variations, always hinting at something more uptempo, and of the 10 versions of this song I only have two up-tempo ones. Most of them were completely unprompted ballads. In the "early days" I found the reverse, that you really had to make sure you typed "ballad" to get a slower version of the song. Now I don't know the prompts to use to make sure I get an uptempo song because typing "uptempo" doesn't even work, lol.  Anyway, this was the tune I fell asleep on last night and finished this morning as I was doing school lunches. Pretty content with the final cut. Was catchier and far more hard rock riff driven in my head, but it's a fair crack; https://suno.com/song/aa5e5c87-032e-471c-997a-287da1df5a42  
    • 'Live Today'.    
    • Haha, I have the artwork for my album 'The '99 to '01 Sessions' on my laptop as we speak. Still tossing up whether to bother or not. I keep re-listening to the songs and second guessing, lol.  But yeah, the pasting your final lyrics into Suno and creating songs is super quick and easy. It's finding the time to write lyrics and even the aftermath, sorting the winner from the rest can be quite time consuming. But yeah, when and where do you find time to write lyrics is the main obstacle. Especially when we are just doing it for fun... hard to justify spending too much time on this stuff. I have 11 from this year that I'm pretty content with. Still hopeful, though, that others will push them out of their slots for my final 2024 "album." Yeah, I'd love that feature. To select a particular voice from one of your stand-out tracks and just say "use this one every time." Yeah, the [brackets] I find best for prompts such as verse, chorus, bridge, solo, instrumental, breakdown (which it never does, lol) etc.  The (brackets) are best for backing vocals, I found.  I used to do a lot more prompts in [brackets] but especially on [pre-chorus] I was constantly finding it would repeat the pre-chorus twice in the first verse before the chorus and it was pissing me off so much, especially on otherwise good cuts. I found that when I started removing the [pre-chorus] there have been far, far less un-requested repeated sections within verses.  Yeah mate, I use re-use prompt feature all the time. But like you say, sadly, it never re-creates the song as it was, but a completely new version. I agree that there is surely a day not too far away where you can tweak final versions of the song without creating a different one altogether. If and when that day comes I will rejoice heavily. I have my 14 favourite songs I'm thinking of putting in my 'The '99 to '01 Sessions' album but I am not even remotely kidding that there's probably at least 5 things about every single song that I would change if I could. Whether it be a particular ultra-cringe lyric, a mispronounced word (read, should be red, mis-spelt or not), a non-plural word that should be a plural (time instead of times), accidentally typing ti instead of it... all these tiny little things which stick out like a sore thumb and are so minor and seemingly easy to fix, in light of the technology at hand, yet for now you just have to grin and bare it, or completely re-do the whole song, which, 9.5 out of 10 times then loses the magic of the "original." But will I hold off and await this progression, or just release my scraps as a moment in time? Still deciding. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.