Cover songs

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I was just listening to a couple of wonderful cover songs that couldn't be more different. Adrenaline Mob's Barracuda, which is an almost note for note perfect rendition of the original (except fot the male vocals of course) and Rob Lamothe's (Riverdogs) version of paranoid which is a complete re-working of the original. Both magnificent. Just wondering what some of your favorite cover versions were and if you prefer one's that stay true to the original or ones that differ from it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 3rd single... Love It   
    • New video for 'Dance'.    
    • Vandenberg - Sin Chicago - The Chicago Story (2 CD) Megadeth - So Far, So Good, So What? (Expanded) The Allman Betts Band - Down to the River Mike Oldfield - Five Miles Out (Remaster) Buckingham & McVie - S/T Michael Hutchence - S/T Roxy Music - Stranded (Remaster) Echo & the Bunnymen - Reverberation  Echo & the Bunnymen - Evergreen (Expanded)
    • After releasing two albums with AOR/Melodic Rock band Streets, ”1st” (1983) and ”Crimes In Mind” (1985), lead singer and keyboardist Steve Walsh returned to Kansas, to revive the band along with original members Phil Ehart (drums) and Rich Williams (Guitar). Furthermore, the lineup was completed by the addition of bassist Billy Greer (from Streets) and young, promising, former Dixie Dregs guitar man Steve Morse, who also contributed with composing skills and backing vocals. Eventually, the group’s ”Power” album was released in November of 1986, rather much to the vintage Kansas and Prog Rock purists dismissal, as I recall it. The heavier sound/direction and absence of violinist Robby Steinhardt, songwriter/keyboardist/guitarist Kerry Livgren and bassist Dave Hope were all contributing factors to the disapproval, it seems. However, mentioned ”Power” should perhaps instead be judged on its own merits, as it is what it is. Put out in a time when commercial Melodic Hardrock was very much in fashion, with FM rock radio and MTV as ever the important ingredients of daily life. In the end, the album actually landed at a respectable No. 35 on the Billboard chart, while the single/ballad ”All I Wanted” eventually rose to an even more impressive No. 19. Review by Thomas McFapperson 2024.        
    • They have a real knack for writing (and producing!) songs that could be featured in '80s coming of age films and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. Really putting the retro in retrowave 
    • Gonna post this as just recently discovered them, and loving what they do. I know most here wont care due to not being their style or not singing in English, but as a Band Maid fan, this shit is right up my street. They are a South Korean band. Posting two songs. One original and one a cover (Maneskin, a band I dont really care about) which is kinda impressive seeing as the song is in Italian, a language they don't speak ha ha  
    • Autumn's Child - Zenith Nergard - Eternal White Winter's Verge - The Ballad Of James Tig Secret Rule - The Key To The World Alcyona - Trailblazer InterCore - Dreams For Sale Beneath My Sins - I Decide Ghostreaper - Straight Out Of Hell Voodoma - Hellbound Voodoma - Gotland Rachel Mother Goose - Synra Bansho Saeko - Holy Are We Alone Angelwings - Primordium Angelwings - The Edge Of Innocence Season Of Dreams - Heroes Season Of Dreams - My Shelter My Refuge - The Anger Is Never Over Crystallion - Head Or Tails Tragedian - Seven Dimensions Squealer - Insanity Squealer - Behind Closed Doors Operus - Score Of Nightmares Asgard - Ragnarøkkr Ani Lo. Projekt - A Time Called Forever Elegy Of Madness - Invisible World Crusade Of Bards - Tales Of Bards & Beasts Tarchon Fist - Apocalypse Born Again - True Heavy Nation ONCE - After Earth Crystal Tears - Decadence Deluxe Squealer - Behind Closed Doors Voodoma - Gotland Darkest Sins – The Broken Bad Sister - Out Of The Business + 1 (reissue) Bai Bang - Sha Na Na Na Barnabas Sky - What Comes To Light Soul Secret - Babel Star Queen - Your True Self Stone Lake - Uncharted Souls M.ill.ion - Electric + 1 (reissue) Nashville Pussy - Up The Dosage The Last Vegas - Eat Me Shev And The Brakes - s/t      
    • Lionheart - The Grace Of A Dragonfly
    • It fucking sounds great...that big sound...love it...enjoy 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.