Intelligent Music Project III - Touching The Divine

Stefan

11145059_739672552809822_675041316225073

TOUCHING THE DIVINE is the third studio album from Intelligent Music Project and the second all-star line-up, creating a remarkable infusion by its author and producer’s musically erudite and unconventional style, and the full creative input of the legendary musicians. The production features session aces Simon Phillips (drums and percussion), Nathan East (bass) & Tim Pierce (guitars), and the remarkable voices of John Payne (ex-Asia) and Toto`s Joseph Williams, who bring their own flavor to all 14 equally outstanding pieces in the album.

The bands overall musicianship blends impressively with the complexity of musical arrangements, including unforgettable symphonic expansions. Matching the classic rock energy and instrumental charge with his lyrical patterns, rapt and diverse music theme development is the signature style that propels this all-star project of Milen Vrabevski, author and producer of TOUCHING THE DIVINE.

Intelligent Music Project III - featuring:
Simon Phillips - drums and percussion
Nathan East (appears courtesy of Yamaha Entertainment Group) - bass
John Payne - lead & backing vocals
Joseph Williams - lead & backing vocals
Carl Sentance - backing vocals & ad-libs, lead vocal part on track 7.
Tim Pierce - guitars
All: Invaluable full creative input!

http://intelligent-music.com

cover_TouchingTheDivine.jpg

Tracklist:

1. OPENING (COOL INSIDE)
2. ESCAPE
3. SKY
4. STAY UP

5. A SMILE AWAY
6. WE CAN
7. SIMPLY FEELS GOOD
8. DREAM
9. COMING SOON
10. LIFE
11. FATE
12. ROOTS
13. MY WORLD
14. MIND PROJECTION

A great line up of players on this. The first couple of discs were quite good, but this seems like it might go a few steps up from those. Will report back when I hear it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been reacquainting myself with all 3 of these discs over the last few weeks (unfortunately) as I hadn't heard the first two in ages. I take back what I said of the first 2 being quite good. Whilst they have a few moments on each, they aren't very good and to be honest, they bored the shit out of me this time around. With the line up of the 3rd one, I was quite looking forward to it, as I love John Payne. Joe Williams and Nathan East as musicians. Unfortunately. whilst it is slightly better, I found myself skipping through it after about 6 songs...same problem, nice playing and some good vocals, but no really memorable tunes and pretty boring if i'm honest...The Chick in the 'Escape' vid above is smoking hot though, so I may just play the video with the sound turned down ;)