Holyhell - S/T

Jez

I have the 'Apocalypse' EP. from a couple of years back, which was really promising, but didn't realise they had released a full album, until the other week. Three of the four EP. tracks have been re-recorded for this, plus another 10 new songs, making this a whopping 70 minute plus album, so not for the faint of heart. What it is, is top class symphonic metal, featuring ex Manowar drummer Rhino, plus Joe Stump on guitars and Maria Breon's powerful vocals, plus Joey Demaio of Manowar on production duties. Think Manowar light, crossed with Dark Moor and Rhapsody and you may get an idea as to where this lot are coming from. Anyway, all tracks can be sampled over at their webpages, so here you go.

http://www.holyhell.com/

I think it's fairly good. Especially the first part of the album. Stump's shredding is really good as usual and kind of uplifting for this kind of music.

I'd go with that. The first half is definitely the stronger of the 2 on this. My mind started to wander a little towards track 10, but I persevered. ;)