SWINGIN' THING 'Desperate Living'

SUICIDE

Nevermind. Found UPC listed online. Ahhhh!!! :doh: And... Once again, I will not be buying this. It is a 'Silver-Bottom' CD-R from CD Poster Shop yet again after barcode trace.

Album: Desperate Living

Artist: Swingin' Thing

Media: Audio CD

Upc: 810270018694

Label: Demon Doll Records

Nevermind. Found UPC listed online. Ahhhh!!! :doh: And... Once again, I will not be buying this. It is a 'Silver-Bottom' CD-R from CD Poster Shop yet again after barcode trace.

Album: Desperate Living

Artist: Swingin' Thing

Media: Audio CD

Upc: 810270018694

Label: Demon Doll Records

silver bottomed cdr>?>? wtf????

Most of the traxx are on the Suncity records SWingin' Ting release too.

silver bottomed cdr>?>? wtf????

Most of the traxx are on the Suncity records SWingin' Ting release too.

Yes. The new rage in 'Duplication' is the 'Diamond Silver Bottom CD-R' or 'TruSilver Bottom CD-R'. The bottom is closer in appearance to proper 'Silver-Pressed' CD since it uses a not so highly coloured tinted dye used on cheaper CD-R brands. Some will still have a light blue tint only viewable under high lighting. But... still it is a CD-R. Some CD manufacturers are using these brands now if a band does not want to pay the price for a true 'Replicated' CD pressing.

Once again as stated previous, the barcode traces to a place called CD POSTER SHOP. And if you go to their website, they clearly state that they only do Short-Run Duplication using these 'Silver-Bottom' CD-Rs. They do not produce actual Silver-Pressings according to what is stated on their website. So any CD coming out of this place will not be 'Silver-Press'. And... It is highly unlikely the Swingin' Thing CD would just be using the barcode from this shop while being truly replicated at another place. Usually you use a barcode from the place that manufactures your CD.

These new CD-Rs have created more of a nightmare for collectors. Bootleggers love these silver bottom CD-Rs because they can now sneak them into their production, making some music fans believe they just bought a true 'Replicated' CD of rare title for €£¥$500.

I will have to go with the Suncity version then. They replicate their CDs and that is the only type of CD I can play on my new stereos. Really wanted to get some glam titles from Demon Doll but every title so far uses this manufacturer. Until I know otherwise, can not buy any CDs if they are just Silver Bottom CD-Rs. I have the music already on CD-R as mp3s. I do not need another CD-R of the music at such a price.