DAVE MUSTAINE

& then

• 2023 Gold Donors

DAVE MUSTAINE: I Have Some Massive News About A Music Project For Me And MEGADETH - Nov. 17, 2009

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message in the "Forums" section of the band's official web site:

"It has been harder thank drinking a twelve-pack of Meisterbrau and not going pee than to keep this tour info [referring to the upcoming 'American Carnage' tour featuring MEGADETH, SLAYER and TESTAMENT] inside. And now you know and I can relax!

"It is true, as I said in my posts and columns, and as you can see . . . all of the clues were there. All that is left is sending positive vibes Tom's [Araya, SLAYER bassist/vocalist] way to assist in his rehabilitating his back, and then, as I like to say, this one ain't over till the fat lady dies!

"Let us remember also that we are out with a very exciting package for just this short, very short run, and we are specifically coming to these less traveled cities to bring MEGADETH metal everywhere we can, and we wanted to see you and you to see us before the end of the year. We have Bay Area heroes MACHINE HEAD out with us, and this tour is really intense. As you can hear at Megadeth Radio, MACHINE HEAD has some fantastic metal songs and some of the heaviest stuff we play on Megs Radio.

"I hope you are digging on all of this great news, and if you can believe it . . . there is more to come. I have some massive news about a music project for me and MEGS, and then we are going to be announcing our plans for South America and for Europe.

"So, now is the time to stay tuned into Megadeth Radio, and to come back here often to see what has happened since you were last here. Call me and the band guys and tell us what is on your minds and your hearts."

article:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=130568

I've been reading about this on blabbermouth and yeah what a Metal tour package that is.

I would love to see this tour but with Denver being 6 hours away that is the closest it will hit so it's not going to happen.

Maybe one of these days I will see Testament but I doubt it. Slayer would cool too but I'd stay out of the pit for sure.

I've seen Megadeth twice and while being great musically they don't put on a real exciting show but then again I only saw them as non headliners.

Looks like the old-school bands have finally got fed-up with getting blown off stage by the younger kids, so have all ganged-up together. :D Testament have just lost their spark lately - despite a killer last album - and are half the band they used to be, same with Slayer....

I wonder if Kerry King and Dave can get along long enough for these shows

When they did the dates in Canada earlier this year they didn't even see each other so I don't think that's a problem although it would be cool for the fans for some of them to do a cool jam session at the end of the night but that will never happen.

• 2023 Gold Donors
I've been reading about this on blabbermouth and yeah what a Metal tour package that is.

I would love to see this tour but with Denver being 6 hours away that is the closest it will hit so it's not going to happen.

Maybe one of these days I will see Testament but I doubt it. Slayer would cool too but I'd stay out of the pit for sure.

I've seen Megadeth twice and while being great musically they don't put on a real exciting show but then again I only saw them as non headliners.

6 hours away via auto.......but only 1 or 2 via plane! ;)

Yeah, when I read this it did kinda remind me of some past tour packages that had multiple bands that were pretty damn good! Testament seems to get labeled as a Metallica clone, & some of their stuff does sound similar, but I enjoy some of their music! :headbanger:

This would be a killer tour. I've seen Testament twice before (1990 and '94) and Megadeth once (1990) but Slayer is the lone old-school "big four" thrash band that's always eluded me. Never seen them live.

So what's the "massive news" besides this tour? Did Dave and Lars Ulrich finally kiss and make up? :rofl:

• 2023 Gold Donors
This would be a killer tour. I've seen Testament twice before (1990 and '94) and Megadeth once (1990) but Slayer is the lone old-school "big four" thrash band that's always eluded me. Never seen them live.

So what's the "massive news" besides this tour? Did Dave and Lars Ulrich finally kiss and make up? :rofl:

Perhaps......comin' to an arena near ya.....Dave.....Lars.....duke it out.....in the final grudge match to end all grudge matches......exclusively at intermission! J/K ;)