Def Leppard cancels some US tour

& then

• 2023 Gold Donors

Def Leppard cancel US tour dates

_46571273_leppard_getty226.jpg

Lead singer Joe Elliott originally auditioned as a guitarist

Rock band Def Leppard have called off a string of North America tour dates due to "unforeseen personal matters".

In a statement on their website, the Sheffield band said they "don't take cancelling shows lightly," but "life's commitments need to be the priority".

The act were due to pay 23 dates on the final leg of their North America tour, which was scheduled to end on 28 November in Beaumont, Texas.

Earlier this year, the five-piece headlined the Download Festival.

They also performed with Taylor Swift at the Country Music Television Awards ceremony in June.

In their statement, the band said they "agonised" over the decision to cancel shows.

"We know how truly blessed we are to have such committed fans. Even if just a single concert, we don't take cancelling shows lightly," they said.

Fans will receive automatic refunds if they who purchased tickets via the phone, internet or Ticketmaster.

Otherwise refunds will be available at point of purchase, organisers said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8314039.stm

It's my understanding ticket sales were slumping...

Def Leppard has become a summer-only band in my opinion, and that's not a bad thing at all. They and their fans (like me since 1983) are more suited for a nice, warm evening at an outdoor venue (ampitheatre) than the middle of November in some small(er) arena.

I've seen Leppard at the Clark County Ampitheatre (just north of Portland) and the White River Ampitheatre (just south of Seattle) about 6 times total the past 4 years, and the crowds were always HUGE and the shows were always AWESOME. They know what there fans want and they deliver. They should stick with that formula and milk it for all it's worth. It's not 1987 anymore, Toto, and Def Leppard just isn't going to sell 16,000 tickets in Iowa in December... but they can sure as hell sell 10,000 in Sacramento in August!

• 2023 Gold Donors

Still.....that's a bummer for fans of theirs, imho! If the ticket sales are down, their management should book them into smaller venues. Some bands do much better in those kinds, too. They don't have to try & put 'em in bars or nightclubs, but most cities have smaller places ala auditoriums, or similar in that capacity that would work well.

The same could be said for quite a number of bands these days, both not bein' summer bands &/or pullin' in those large numbers of fans as well. I've seen a few that didn't draw large numbers in years past that were booked into small venues & those shows were extremely great & memorable!

Hell, when I saw D.L. they were openers on the bill & were second to The Scorpions! :o & that was with the original D.L. members, too! :eek:

Hell, when I saw D.L. they were openers on the bill & were second to The Scorpions!

In my eyes, they`ll always be second to the Scorps. :tumbsup:

• 2023 Gold Donors
Hell, when I saw D.L. they were openers on the bill & were second to The Scorpions!

In my eyes, they`ll always be second to the Scorps. :tumbsup:

Ditto & Backed, Faron! I was more impressed then & now with Das Scorpions! :beerbang: & with that....D.L. was quite good & also there are at least a few fans of this band here.....so I don't want to diss 'em! :tumbsup::guitbannana:

It's my understanding ticket sales were slumping...

Def Leppard has become a summer-only band in my opinion, and that's not a bad thing at all. They and their fans (like me since 1983) are more suited for a nice, warm evening at an outdoor venue (ampitheatre) than the middle of November in some small(er) arena.

I've seen Leppard at the Clark County Ampitheatre (just north of Portland) and the White River Ampitheatre (just south of Seattle) about 6 times total the past 4 years, and the crowds were always HUGE and the shows were always AWESOME. They know what there fans want and they deliver. They should stick with that formula and milk it for all it's worth. It's not 1987 anymore, Toto, and Def Leppard just isn't going to sell 16,000 tickets in Iowa in December... but they can sure as hell sell 10,000 in Sacramento in August!

I woul tend to agree with you. All 4 times I have seen Def Leppard it has been in the Summer and outdoors. Never saw em at Clark County though..[Fuckin MAX doesn't go there damnit!!]]

Saw em 3 times back in NY at State Fairs and such, then once out here in PGE Park in Portland....

And Each concert was just excellent!! :headbanger: