• 2024 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2024.

50% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Yeah mate, definitely a bit more peace of mind knowing that should I ever wish to do anything with the tracks, that I now can... no matter how minor that would be. The simple fact that even just putting them on Soundcloud was only ever short-term due to their storage limits, and Bandcamp was always the target, which is now accessible. But I'll redo everything before I put stuff back out there, which will take some time.  I was being a gronk before - the replace feature was easy enough to figure out. But there's still a lot of flaws with the technology at this point.  On paper, the Cover Song feature is an absolute godsend, but like I say, at the moment, it just doesn't register any change in the lyrics whatsoever. So I can replicate a song I have already created, which is perfect for licensing purposes, but as it stands today, I can't tweak the lyrics (still well within the melody) on that new version at all - even though the option to do so is available. It just completely ignores all new lyrics. If you could do that, it'd cut out what will be literal hours upon hours of mucking around.  It looks like my current process will be to cover the song first of all, to have a workable copy. Then, within this new version, I will need to replace each part I want to replace, separately. Another flaw at the moment is that you can only replace up to a 30sec part of the song at a time. Meaning that if you alter a chorus, you'll need to do that three times (or however many choruses you have, of course), and I guess hope to christ the changes each time are the same? But that's not a guarantee at all. I dunno, only just thought of that now. Could be awkward. I had to work tonight, so only got to play with it for a few minutes today. I only got to try the replace feature once, properly, and it spits out two results, and one result still had the old lyrics. So there are still heavy flaws in getting lyrics amended in a song, but hopefully those advancements come along quick as it would be so vital to saving me a tonne of time. At the moment it seems that releasing the feature, as Beta, might have been a bit premature, but we'll see.  Not sure how much I'll get done tonight, but will try to play around with it a bit and see how it goes. The replace feature looks cool, but could be a very long, drawn out process. Also, the sound quality of some of my older cuts isn't as clear a crisp as some newer songs, so I though doing the cover version of all of these songs would be a great opportunity to try to up the sound quality. Really need to figure out worthy prompts for that, 'cause so far it's not proving too affective and the sound quality - so far - seems to replicate that of the original song, regardless of the prompts to alter. Will see if that's across the board tonight.  Will see how it all goers - still a long leaning curve. 
    • I didn't get it at first. I thought, "So? Does that make it his fault?" ;}
    • It was just a clever use of words and I can't decide if it's funny or not. Probably funny. There may be someone out there who don't get it.
    • Not really Pop Punk, but maybe it was for the time.  This is classic Punk and as much as I hate Punk, this is probably the only Punk track I can tolerate. The references to the Queen are obviously a bit dated now, but it's still a classic.      See what I did there? Hilarious. 
    • What?... I'm just stating a fact. Too soon? 
    • We very much miss your words of wisdom mate.
    • I'm fucking busy, I saw Tobias was skimming around on here so I figured id ask him, but he answered on IG, how bout you, how are all the commies on HH lol?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.