Need help with a song

SF1

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this site so I hope I'm in the right area. I've been trying to find a certain song for 20 years I don't know what band it is and I'm unsure of the title as well. To me it's definitely aor/melodic rock and sort of reminds me of survivor is this love, it's uptempo, and some of the lyrics go like this, when I get back on my feet again... It's definitely not micheal bolton. Sort of starts out with a piano and guitar intro, from what I can remember anyway.... Vocals maybe a cross between Steve Perry and David Coverdale, a very emotional sounding record, and it is speaking of course of over coming, with sad but hopefull lyrics if that helps any... I remember hearing it on hair nation when satellite radio first came out. I'm also thinking it could be between 1988 and 1991 by the style and sound of it. Wish I had more lyrics and info for you guys to go by, but it's definitely been driving me crazy, I have to find this song.

Thank you !!!