South African rock

Guest jugjuice

Guest jugjuice

Hi guys, I'm still a newbie here so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I just wanted your opinion on a band that was around here in South Africa in the mid Nineties. I thought they were fantastic and could never figure out why they never hit the big time. Please give it a listen and let me know what you think. Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06_EVT1esUw

Are theer any CDs available from this band, South Africa's had a nunmber of cool bands out :)

Andre who are some of your fav south african bands? Can you tell us some of the bands you speak of?

Are theer any CDs available from this band, South Africa's had a nunmber of cool bands out :)

Andre who are some of your fav south african bands? Can you tell us some of the bands you speak of?

Justin? A few that come to mind are Little Sister, they got 5 album now but thye first 3 are good female fronted melodic rock ala Heart.

Also Seven, a U.K S.A combo... they did a couple of cd single e.p's, great stuff, John Parr got em a song, they've re recorded thier songs which will be released through Escape Music.

Then there's Stingray, kinda legendary pomp act, they've had thier album reissued on cd a few times now.

I know there's several more, but very much on the obscure side.. shame that they aren't more known.

Circus

Coleske

Off The Edge (highly recommended !)

Falling Mirror

Rabbitt

Trevor Rabin

etc.

I have never heard of Arapaho before. Good track, though ! Where are you from, Mr. Jugjuice ??

I quite like this description I found on YouTube:

"Bursting out of KZN (KwaZulu-Natal), Arapaho's "Wild Warrior" is the musical equivalent of Durban Poison...starting out slow and mellow before exploding into a riot of sound and colour..... it rocks big time with a hook as big as the Drakensberg."

Ha ha .. !! :P

Guest jugjuice

Hi Guys, well firstly thanks for giving the track a listen. Some really good SA acts would have to include Just Jinger, Prime Circle, Seether (started out as Saran Gas), Arapaho, Jesse Clegg, The Parlotones, and i'll think of some more. I'm sure if you google the names you'll still find all these bands cd's around. Just for your listening pleasure my favourite track from Prime Circle....

and while you're at it watch Johnny Clegg's son Jesse (you all know Johnny Clegg right?!?!)