New England / Dilana (11/12/2016) Upland, CA

ResedaCountryClub

In Episode #91, we play Hard Rock trivia in "Rapid Fire" and review the NEW ENGLAND/Dilana concert at the Grand Oak Live on Nov. 12, 2016 in Upland, California. Review at happens at 13:11 mark of the show. Co-hosts: Mark (in California) and Danny (in Delaware).

http://www.spreaker.com/user/4769264/hard-rocking-trivia-show-episode-91

New England/ Dilana concert review at the 13:11 mark.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Well mate here's the deal Firstly I saw them on their first ever tour with Kenny. Yep was great. Then I saw them about 10 times with Erik. Each and every time they were utterly fantastic. Erik is a beast live and one of the best singers I've seen period. Then he leaves and they get Kenny back 10 years on and way past his best imo and quite frankly pretty poor compared to what Erik bought.  For me, no matter how well they play its just not the same without Erik.  If youve never seen the band with Erik you probably wont understand. So yeah I stand by my comment.  I'll probably never see them live again tbh
    • Skies of Mongolia - Treat
    • No Rest for the Wicked - new sensation Ozzy Osbourne
    • yea, i knew why they got lumped together as grunge because of their clothes and where they came from, just always thought it was weird as they have nothing in common musically speaking.  
    • well if one feels Erik raised the quality significantly, then the band is indeed a shadow of their former selves once he leaves.  whether or not one thinks Erik raised the quality significantly is again up to the individual. mmmbop.   A SHADOW OF YOUR FORMER SELF definition: someone or something that is not as strong, powerful, or useful as it once was: 
    • Agree they are nothing alike. All are called "grunge" but all have different sounds and influences. Soundgarden have a classic metal influence (i.e. Sabbath) whereas Nirvana have a punk/hardcore and alt. rock influence (i.e. Melvins) and Pearl Jam has a classic hard rock influence (i.e. Guess Who). They just came out of the same area/scene and didn't dress glam so got lumped together.
    • "a shadow of themselves" is not preferring one over another singer, it is stating that the band is nothing like itself even though the band was around before your favourite singer was even in the band. That is why it is a ridiculous comment. Shouldn't be hard even for you to understand, Tobi.
    • the vocals were so bad I couldn't really focus on any other part of the song or listen it to long enough to see what it was all about.  Chris Cornell very good vocals, Kurt Cobain bad vocals, Eddie Vedder even worse vocals.  I've seen these three bands often get lumped together but they are nothing alike.  this is how you fuckin' do it.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.