Rise & Fall of Butch Walker

zacharyamelie

Butch makes his money producing/songwriting so he can indulge himself on his music/own CD/tours.

He usually travels a wide and varied path to each new CD. Some of it meets with fans approval, other doesn't. But, if BUTCH is happy with it, that's really all he cares about. He'll put his heart into the music and play the shit out of it for you if you go to see him.

Seeing Butch in concert makes everything better. (I wasn't crazy about R&F, but after a few live shows/repeated listens aplenty, I ended up liking almost all the tracks.)

I now find this album extremely enjoyable! (Hoping Sycamore Meadows finds its way there someday.)

>> And correct me Dave if I am wrong, but I believe you were going with the who do you think co-writes and produces all the young angry popsters and if you were thinking Butch Walker then you are correct sir. On Pinks last cd Butch co-wrote a fistful and did some producing and I think played a bit. <<

Absolutely. Pink, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry and a few others. He's not stupid, he knows his albums won't sell and theirs will so he gives them his "best stuff" (debatable, of course). Ironically, though, his last couple of albums HAVE charted. None got higher than 160 or so on Billboard's Top 200 but they did actually chart so the guy is selling.

As for SouthGang, he was a 19 year old kid when he wrote the 'Tainted Angel' album so, yeah, it's a bit paint-by-numbers. Still some pretty good stuff, though. Their best song, "Letter Home" never made it to tape, though, which was disappointing.

He doesn't give them his "best stuff"...he writes WITH them/for them specifically and individually on a project-to-project basis...it's not like he gives them existing songs that he leaves off of his albums. You can heat Butch's signature in the songs, but Butch could not do those songs as they are...they're usually more "watered down" than Butch's own stuff, musically and lyrically, to appeal to a wider, more general audience which is why Pink/Avril have pretty big songs when he helps them.

>> He doesn't give them his "best stuff"...he writes WITH them/for them specifically and individually on a project-to-project basis...it's not like he gives them existing songs that he leaves off of his albums. You can heat Butch's signature in the songs, but Butch could not do those songs as they are...they're usually more "watered down" than Butch's own stuff, musically and lyrically, to appeal to a wider, more general audience which is why Pink/Avril have pretty big songs when he helps them. <<

Wasn't saying he goes back through demos and finds things. Everything else here though is what I meant. However, for most of the people that post here, the poppy stuff (albeit watered down for Top 40 audiences) IS "his best stuff" as opposed to the singer / songwriter stuff he's been doing on his last few albums.